Harley Davidson Forums banner

Screaming Eagle Stage III

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Bikersarge 
#1 ·
My mechanic at my home dealer, has just about convinced me to doing this kit. It comes with 10.5/1 forged Pistons, and 585 cams. Installed, the price will run me about $1,600. His dyno sheets, on prior builds, shows 100+ hp, and 121+ tq. Anyone have any experience with this setup? I already have the STP. He also wants me to buy the adjustable pushrods and S&S lifters( I think lifters). This will put me right at $2000. The kicker is, I have an extended warranty. The dealer said he will back his work, and will honor the warranty, if needed. I saw the power band on his dyno sheet. It basically mirrors my power band I have now, but at a higher rate. The kit comes with perfect fit pushrods, and I would just use my stock lifters. The sales manager and the mechanic both say if I don't do the extra parts, I'll be back later, to have it fixed. I actually trust these guys. Is there a better way to spend $2000?
:feedback:

#4 ·
I sent him a PM, a few days ago. He must be busy. I'm starting to reconsider. I like the Fuel Moto setup. But there goes any chance at all, of retaining any resemblance of my warranty.

#8 ·
Well they are giving you good advice on going with the S&S lifters over the S&E, seems like an indication that they are fairly legit.
There are several Stage III kits, which one is it?

If I was going the SE parts/Dealer route (not first choice for performance but only choice for warranty) then I'd be guinea pig on the new 110" drop in kits.
Part Number 92500035 Cylinders/Pistons 110" Cam 585, a HD Clutch .. MSRP $1800

On another site a dyno was just posted up with a 110", SE585 cams, slight shaving of the heads and a little cleanup of ports, FuelMoto Jackpot exhaust and it did 115HP/125TQ. So it seems that your dealers plan is doable.

Hillside has an excellent reputation and they can certainly meet/beat the power/quality but you probably have a good bit of warranty time left ... Guess it boils down to how much that is worth to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.