Harley Davidson Forums banner

2017 warranty thread is MIA.....???

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  MotoJockey 
#1 ·
Just curious as to why I can't access that thread that was going around about a week ago called, "Stage 1 upgrades and 2017 warranty issues..WTF?". I can find it in a search for it, but it says I'm not authorized to open it. I was reading along for a while because I'm thinking about buying a 2017 RK with the SE 114" kit in it and wanted to see if there are any other options for new cans on it other than the SE 4.5" cannons. That's all I see the MoCo offers for it. Anyhow, was this thread locked for bad behavior or am I missing something?

#2 ·
Your best bet, should you decide to stay within EPA regulations, as well as take no chances is to stay with only what the Dealer offers.
Which in the beginning am sure will be very little.

It will take a while for the aftermarket to get performance items out for the M8.
Though you can bet they are in the works.

The thread really had nothing to offer.
The OP stated he nor his son would be buying a 2017 or any other HD.
So he moved on and the thread was removed.

#3 ·
Ahhhh...... I see. Hard to access a thread that has been removed, lol. I won't take it personal then.

Yeah, it's bad enough for the 2017's with the new EPA Regs handed down, but being in the Peoples Republic of California doesn't make it any better either. I'll have to see what all the dealer can do and if it's not too exciting, I may just end up with a 2016 with the SE 110 instead. Just wish the 2016's had the newer suspension, (heard good things), and that sweet ass looking Laguna Orange.......

Thanks for clearing up the MIA thread thing T~S.........

#4 ·
I would recommend taking a look at the new Froghead motors.

There was a ton of engineering done to keep mechanical noise low so that they could increase exhaust note, along with the performance increase over the TwinCams.

Go see if your dealer has a Stage 1 bike they can fire up for you. I think you'll like it. :nod

Reactions: MotoJockey
#6 ·
Yeah, I'm definitely leaning that way, I just don't want only 1 option for exhaust. Unless, like you're saying, it sounds sweet enough that it puts a cheesy grin :grin on my face then that would by fine. I'll try to get a hold of the 2 dealers in town on Tuesday and see what they have to say.

#7 ·
There are actually quite a few exhaust options already available , the real question is do you care about your warranty.

There are a couple I've seen that are CARB compliant and shouldn't void your warranty , however I'd run it by the dealer before you buy.

#9 ·
If they are CARB compliant then the EPA is no longer a concern.
That leaves the Dealer, warranty issue.
That, I would think, is where the Moss-Magnussun warranty act should trump any Dealer`s word on modifications vs warranty.

I just know that when I start thinking of a Froghead in a FX or FXST frame, 2018?.
I get sticky. :eek:

Though one in an RK gets me thinking too.

#10 ·
So here are my thoughts. Not fully knowing what recalls my lurk for the new Froghead, I figure get the stage 4 done now out of the gate with the full MoCo warranty. I'm pretty sure going from my 95" BB to the 114" should be plenty enough of a chub for me, at least until the warranty is over and I get board. That way I don't have to wait till it's over to play with it, it'll be, for the most part done, with the exception of sluty ass chrome as the money is available. I can do all that work myself. The only issue at this point are the slip-ons vs warranty, and I'll work that out with the dealership this week.

T~S, when it's done, I'll post it for you and maybe give you a little more to think about....... :devil

Reactions: Kainam
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.