Harley Davidson Forums banner

2014 Meet and Greet..a.k.a The Collision, May 31st, 2014 in Eureka Springs, AR

209K views 4K replies 85 participants last post by  AndyG 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
It's official, the date and town have been chosen. This is not up for debate any longer.

May 31st, 2014, in Eureka Springs, AR.

*EDIT* Land of Nod Inn
*$89+

1-800-526-3263

it's the official hotel..

Alumni:

2stangs8689
Baggd13
Diezel
Chief Illiniwek
GotGold
nipplesurfer
Lousiville Joe
Gravs
kd5qct
Tom31W

New attendee's:

AndyG
Zelrick
CaliBob
9Line09
Chasarms
67duce
Silverback
ALUCARD
Hammer71.......aka...reaperman
Sniper
gtrman66
Pipewizard
HD Hawk
Swmpman
southernman_67
LilJo
1shot
urban
HarleyBob58
redman24

oldreddog77 is our Iron Balls Leader

On the fence: Dave63, pooh

Again, if you don't see your name on the list, let me know!!!

We are at the 29 day mark as of today......if you are on the fence, get off your ass!!!!!!!!! Rooms are almost gone!!!!!!!!!!!

Also a reminder:

PIG TRAIL H-D® ROGERS
Toll Free: 877.633.9797 • 479.636.9797
2409 Hudson Rd • Rogers, AR 72756

is where we are meeting, at appx. 2pm on Saturday, May 31st, 2014

Pig Trail Harley-Davidson® Dealership sells, services, and performs maintenance on Harley-Davidson® Motorcycles. We also carry accessories and MotorClothes® to keep you safe and looking great on the road. Customers in Rogers, Arkansas will find us[/QUOTE]

See less See more
#2 ·
This will be the only thread. Now that is funny.

Bad time of the month (so to speak) for us accountant folks. Would probably end up working late Friday and defiantly have to be in on Monday. Sorry but will most likely be out this year.

#4 ·
Yea, really man. Sack up. Tell them you are sick (kind of implied in your case) or something.

#6 ·
Don.... I'm in!

Gotgold Monee IL

#8 ·
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bikerguy:

Bruce, PM me your cell number, I have Chief, Diezel and Andy's already.

#11 ·
Oh they know I am sick. Would be a long shot but will try. I could super KD it. Fly in and rent a bike near by. No trains blocking the runway I hope. By the way was in Chicago last weekend and didn't see a single train. I think it was all made up.

#15 ·
I think it was all made up.
Nice try but we got pics to prove it... I like the one where I'm sitting at the sandwich train.. pretty p!ssed, but having a good time and with good company..

Attachments

#34 ·
#16 ·
#19 ·
Unfortunately I looks like I'm out too. The last day of finals is May 30 & I have an institute day on that Monday (June 2). Considering it's a 10.5 hour ride & I couldn't stay more than a day and with the new baby, it's not a recipe that allows me to make it.

But don't thinking won't be living vicariously through all that do go.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#21 ·
Word is that Eureka Springs is a great anniversary town!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#22 ·
That's a great place to meet!! One of my favorites.
Another forum I belong to have been getting together there for the last 10 yrs.
Lots of great roads.
Would love to join you.

You might have one of your scouts to check out the Guest House Inn on 62. The manager, Dakoda, is very accommodating.
Several eating places close by. (just a suggestion)

Pig Trail Harley in Rogers AR rents bikes.

#81 ·
I'm in. Mason, get here and overnight in the guest room. It's a day's run from here to ES. And YES, I'll be on the Ultra.

#37 ·
I know some of you would love to go, but can't because it's too far, it's a bad weekend, you don't like Arkansas.....etc.etc.......

There are so many members of this forum that it is impossible to make everyone happy every year.

Last year it was Ohio. It was Ohio because Ohio is dead center between Stangs and I. It was supposed to be meet in the middle and have lunch and go home. Then it turned into the most epic event every created.

We got a lot of comments last year that Ohio was too far east or too far north, and that a more central location would be great.

Stangs did the democratic thing and created a poll so that we could all vote. Before a certain moderator started getting "creative" with the poll, Arkansas was well in the lead. Therefore, Arkansas it is.

I am asking you to please keep an open mind. Do your best to try and make it. I promise you it is worth it. It is really, really worth it.

If you cannot make it, I implore you to give some feedback as to how it can be made more convenient for you in 2015. That will taken into consideration.

#903 ·
Do your best to try and make it. I promise you it is worth it. It is really, really worth it.
This better be good - you promised :D

Seriously though, can't let you midwest and east coast guys have all the fun, and someone has to represent the west coast, so I'm f'n doing this. My wife blew my mind when I brought it up - she said, "this is one of those things you'll never forget - you need to do this." Maybe she just wants me out of the house that weekend. Either way I'll take it.

Everything's booked - flights, rental bike, Land O Nod hotel for Fri and Sat nights, etc. Fly into Chicago on Thurs May 29 (day after my birthday - what better way to celebrate I'm thinking), land at 1:30 pm, pick up the '14 Street Glide Special rental from Chicago Harley, ride along the lake, take in the city, visit my sister and her kids in Joliet, and meet up with the crew at 5:45 the next morning at McDonald's in Manteno. Flying back out of Chicago Monday at 6:30 pm. Anything that happens between Fri morning and Monday evening, I'm game.

Oh, also bought new rain gear, thus assuring it won't rain throughout the duration. Worked last time I bought a rain coat for camping... forecast was for rain throughout the weekend, but nary a drop hit the ground. It's science, people.

So Chicago crew... any pre-party Thurs early evening? Just a chance to meet, throw back a couple barley sodas and have a few laughs before the adventure begins?

SO. STOKED. Cannot wait. 152 days, 16 hours, 10 min til we ride.

#39 ·
I give a f**k what happens in my life between now and the end of May, if I am above the dirt, Eureka Springs is where we will be!!!

I may just take a whole week (maybe two) and tour my old stomping grounds in north Texas while I am at it.

Don, can you get your scout to check out the local MCs while he is at it? And remember, hotel within crawling distance from the local watering hole..., I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

#45 · (Edited by Moderator)
Event

Over 1000 miles to hang out and have a beer....Nipplesurfer.

Community Team Crowd

Don't make excuses, make plans!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.