Harley Davidson Forums banner

Texas Twister II October 16th, 17th & 18th.

33K views 477 replies 25 participants last post by  Delta 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Texas Twister II will be October 16th, 17th & 18th. The destination will be the hill country. It will be a weekend event where we arrive Friday afternoon and plan a day of riding on Saturday. I will follow up with more details later.

Here are a few lodging options fellas.... Tried to pick the spot that could house the majority of us and have a few other options listed. If we run outta space there are plenty more similar to this... The block of rooms will be under "Texas Twister"

You can Book for either Leakey Inn or Leakey Inn Cabins (same property) OR the slightly nicer Frio Springs Lodges using the link below. They are both owned by the same people and Motorcycle friendly. I have booked one of the cabin rooms at Leakey Inn for myself. Leakey Inn is the spot some may remember as Motorcycle ONLY at one time.

https://Secure.RezOvation.com/Reservations/AvailabilityCalendar.aspx?_02VSAYUYQ26GK4

The Historic Leakey Inn
THE HISTORIC LEAKEY INN - HOME - Concan, TX
830-232-5246

Frio Springs Lodges
Frio Springs Lodges on the Frio River in the Frio Canyon, Leakey, Texas
830-232-4174

I am adding this one as they are Moto Friendly also. 8 cabins available sleeping more than two per cabin…

Camp Live Oak
Camp Live Oak Cabins on the Frio River
(830) 232-4152

ATTENDEES:

fat99boy (wussed out on us)
ChadFish (booked)+
gtrman66(booked)+
Delta (booked)
Zeero (booked)+
Phdharley50 (booked)
FartBoy (booked)
tommytailspin (booked)
robertwy (booked)
pipewizard (booked)+
CrBear
Hammer71

#10 ·
Thanks, Larry. I've been there. I was just wondering where everyone was going to stay...Ingram, Junction, Fredericksburg, etc.

#14 ·
The Motorcycle only motel in Leakey has changed owners and is no longer Moto Only.....

Depending on where you guys want to stay I can offer up many suggestions from tiny two person cabins to huge houses that say they can sleep 20+ people and everything in between.

#12 ·
You know I am in

Count me in with a +1

I'm ready too, this year is already brutal :biker:

Whatever hotel you guys pick is good, with me

#13 ·
I am in on this.... I am from Leakey and still have tons of family there. The lodging options are endless in and around Leakey. If I can be of any assistance with the planning I'll be happy to help out any way I can.

I am actually going down the week of July 5th, but toting a nephew so probably wont ride it....

#16 ·
Texas Twister II will be October 9th & 10th. The destination will be the hill country. It will be a weekend event where we arrive Friday afternoon and plan a day of riding on Saturday. I will follow up with more details later.
Fat99boy, have you picked a lodging destination yet?

#18 ·
Nooooooooooo!

I vote to move the Texas Twister by a week or 2 to make sure Larry is part.

#24 ·
I've ridden those 3 sisters a bunch of times, and I never get tired of going out there. Hope I can make it for this one.

#26 ·
Sorry boys .. As most of you know I'm in the middle of my move to Chicago. However, TT II is on my agenda. 10/2 & 10/3 works for me. We can stay at the same hotel as last year or we can find another spot.

This week and next are hectic but I will get going on this soon.

So do we change the date to 10/2 & 10/3?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.