Harley Davidson Forums banner

Bluebonnet Run 2017

22K views 361 replies 32 participants last post by  tommytailspin 
#1 ·
Bluebonnet Run 2017

The North Texas Crew is going to the Texas Hill Country this spring, come join us
Date- Friday thr Sunday, April 28-29.
We’ll arrive on Friday afternoon and we’ll plan a day ride for Saturday.
A few possible stops for Saturday’s ride –
Willow City Loop
Enchanted Rock
Luckenbach
With a side trip to Regency Bridge, outside of Goldthwaite
https://www.google.com/maps/place/R...254dd05e5de288!8m2!3d31.4105749!4d-98.8462351

We’re staying at the Inn of the Hills in Kerrville; $99 per night.
We’ve booked rooms at special rate, here’s the information

Inn of the Hills
Hotels In Kerrville, TX | Inn Of The Hills
1001 Junction Highway
Kerrville, Texas 78028
800-292 5690
Reference Texas Twister or Spring Ride

They’re filling up fast and don’t have many rooms left.
So, call and make your reservations fast, sooner the better.

See less See more
#7 ·
I can give you the name of the patch guy, I am leaving that up to someone else this year. We changed the run name let's do a different style patch.
I am stepping down as patch guy this year. I have done it for 3 yrs it is somebody else's turn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#10 ·
although I will be pretty iffy for the trip, my room is booked and keeping my fingers crossed!

Delta, thanks for the patches in the past. Hopefully someone will pick up the torch. Fartboy, thanks for your help in putting this together.

always look forward to the opportunity to see you guys, sit around the campfire and have a cold one.

#18 ·
Just a few miles down the slab in Junction there is a BBQ joint just past the local DQ that has some pretty good stuff. Might be worth a ride over there.

#22 ·
im in and booked also. i'll be bunking with fb. we both have a double booked so there will be an extra if someone needs it. coopers is ok but id rather do something new to me this time. ive never seen the blue bonnet bloom so that will be a treat. also never been to luckenbach, cool. see you guys then if not before.:banana

#26 ·
Was a nice day to ride, the curves were dry and the traffic was light, First to Boerne for breakfast then to Kerrville for a hair cut then over to Fredericksburg for some bank stuff and a quick stop to get me some knob creek, heading home i stopped to see who was at Luckenbach, all in all a nice 115 mile ride on a nice day.
Joe

#28 ·
I'm interested. I'll check with the boss and see if she wants to go. She speaks highly of you guys. It would be good to hook up with some local riders. I moved to North Texas in May and have been riding the area since. Would like to see the hill country everyone keeps talking about. I'm kinda spoiled though, spent the last few years riding in Western NC.

Reactions: Cherry Bomb
#29 ·
There is a pretty good bbq joint not far from luchenbach, called the black pig. We stumbled across it by going to luchenbach to eat and their little food stand was closed. The lady in the store told us how to get to it. The food was good, portions were big and price was good. The lady that owns it was very friendly. She has free beer and she gave us all free homemade pie.

#31 ·
There is a Texas state park bat viewing cave right out of Fredericksburg. The black pig is down the black top road that runs beside this park. There is another restaurant right on the corner. I don't remember the name of it. I didn't eat there either. We just stopped in there for drinks. Seemed like a nice place.

#36 ·
The wife & I are riding out to Luckenbach this weekend. Toni loves BBQ so I think I will surprise her with a trip to this place. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Delta
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.