Harley Davidson Forums banner

Boot straps...?

8K views 36 replies 30 participants last post by  azglocker 
#1 ·
Hey guys
I was looking at the Elastic boot straps like the Skull ones the Harley shop sells and put them on my Christmas list I gave my wife. But now I still have not seen one Harley rider using them............am I going to look like I just stepped out of "Wild Hogs" when I wear them? :)
Colt.45

#2 ·
I wear them all the time. I once had a wasp/bee/whatever stinging SOB fly up my jeans while on the highway hauling ass. When he got in there, he got really pissed off and started to sting the shit outta me. Not fun!! Started beating on my leg to try to kill the bastard. Other people on the highway probably thought I was a crazy bastard beating the shit outta myself. Ended up pulling over to the side of the road, stripping my jeans off and relieving myself of the problem. Boot straps can be your friend.

#5 ·
Wear them all the time and yes, they only work on the thicker jeans material. But I tell you what, I wouldn't ride without them! When it gets a little cool out, it's nice having those jeans stay down instead of having to constantly pull them down. They will also make you lose weight (if you need too) because you really have to get down there to put them on!

#7 ·
I have a pair of them with Buffalo nickels on them, like the above poster said Bee's and nasty little critters get in there while riding it is a bitch.
Great when its cold too

#8 ·
Well guys, thank you for the replies. They were one of those things I asked for but then got to wondering............I guess I won't get laughed off the road then. I didn't want to look like some poor guy that wears the S.O.A. tee shirt his wife buys him........:)
Thanks.......Colt.45

#9 ·
Lots of guys wear them. I've never seen decorated ones, but skulls are cool.

#10 ·
I wear them everytime I ride. Keeps my pant legs down, and also keeps my pistol from being exposed that I have on my boot.

Look at my pant leg.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Mode of transport

#12 ·
Don't worry about what you look like. Ride for yourself and wear what makes you comfortable when you ride. Those people that think they're dumb won't be there to hold your pant legs down going down the road so screw them.

#15 ·
Anything to keep the pant legs closed and off limits to stingy things is a good idea. We came across a LifeFlight in the Blue Mountains (Oregon) this last summer. Lady in a group from Utah got a jacket or wasp up the right leg and high-sided the bike trying to shake it out.

My chaps manage to keep things in place, so far. But, I'm thinking about highway bars, so that might be on my Christmas list, too.

#16 ·
Thanks guys
Being new to Harley and just back into bikes in general after several years away from them I assume there are a few things that "just are not done". I ride poorly enough without also dressing like some kind of a Spode as well...........:)
Colt.45

#26 ·
Forty2366
I hear ya, been about a month for me too.Sure hoping for Spring soon [just another 3.5 months] :mad
At least I'll have Boot Straps !!!
Colt.45

#27 ·
If you wear jeans that are not tight as hell at leg you will want to get some boot straps, I have wore them since day one and when I forget them or it pops off I stop or turn around ASAP. Can not stand pant let riding all the way up to my knee when riding, like to be comfortable and not have that be a distraction while ripping around!

#30 ·
I've seen a kinds of solutions including tying a bandanna around the cuff of your pants.

I was at a bicycle safety event at my daughter's elementary school a few years back. It was hosted by the local fire department. One of the items they were selling at the fund-raising table were these little straps to keep your pants leg out of the chain.

I bought a couple of them for myself to have when riding. They're basically nylon straps with velcro on them long enough to wrap around your cuff and cinch them down.

I like them better than the straps as they prevent ride-up and flapping. The straps look better though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.