Harley Davidson Forums banner

SeaFoam

10K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  ARIZONA MISFIT 
#1 ·
Until recently, it's been a long time since I've used Seafoam. I put sf in one of my trucks, both Mustangs and my RK. It made a considerable difference in all of them. I'm not a big fan of snake oils, but I would recommend this one.

#3 ·
I have used it in my quads to clean up fuel system and jets but wonder since it smells like rubbing alcohol how good can it be with all the news about ethanol being bad in our gas? Maybe it is not the same IDK!

#12 ·
How much Sea Foam should I add to my fuel?

For routine fuel system (gas tank to engine) maintenance, one can of Sea Foam Motor Treatment treats up to 16 gallons of gas or diesel fuel.

When greater cleaning is needed, add more Sea Foam – the more you add to fuel, the better it cleans!

When stabilizing fuel for storage, use 1 (one) ounce per gallon of fuel.

Don’t worry if you exceed these amounts: Sea Foam only contains petroleum-based cleaning and lubricating ingredients that CAN’T HARM your engine or fuel system components.
Sea Foam Sales Company - How to add Sea Foam Motor Treatment to Gasoline, Ethanol, and Diesel Fuels

#16 ·
Ive used it before to de-Carbon a 2 stroke boat motor. High concentration with a little bit of fuel and 2 stroke oil. It runs rough and smokes like a freight train, don't do this at the crowded dock on a nice Saturday afternoon (don't ask me how I know), but it really cleans the motor up. My bike gets a few glugs every once in a while.

Reactions: Trashman
#21 ·
I have been a big proponent of SeaFoam for years. Desiel in the sail boat (30 years old) always starts in the spring. Car and when my Heritage was brand new and had only 2 miles on it in late fall. I use it in the low temp months when moisture is more likely to condense.

Never ever a problem because of it. One oz per gal of fuel. Or more-can't over do it

#22 ·
A few years ago ( 4) I had " 2 " Hot rods I NEVER drove in the winter months back in Minn where its gets to -22 for a couple of weeks. 1. was a 70 Chevelle, the other was a SS Monte Carlo.

Usually I put them away for the winter months about Nov if there hasn't been any SALT on the roads. I would fill up both Gas tanks and add a can of SEAFOAM to each car and also add some to my riding lawn tractor.

I NEVER EVER had a problem with starting them up come May or April if the salt was gone.
They all ran great and fuel lines were always in GOOD running order.

I Love that stuff. Beats the crap out of anything else out there. :devil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.