Harley Davidson Forums banner

2015 Softail Heritage Classic Slip ons?

6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  VernP 
#1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone put slip on exhaust pipes on? If so what kind and did you have to remap after installing them? The dealer is recommending Rush slip on. Any help. Dealer says no remapping is required.

#5 ·
2012 Heritage Classic

I had almost this exact situation except I put on Vance & Hines Twin Slash 3" Slip-ons. Immediately got the decel popping and popping between shifts... Just got my Fuelpak Fp3 yesterday, took 15 minutes to put on and OM F'n G... Its like I had 2 different bikes... all decel popping and shift pops gone. Now I am in autotune for a tank of gas and this wicked little biatch is trying to lose me off the back...

#7 ·
I've got a deluxe that I installed V&H straight shots slipons with HD stage 1 A/C and HD installed Power Vision map. It was a decel pop nightmare, even after spending $70 more on "quiet baffles".

(The lack of a real baffle on V&H pipes is apparently a marketing gimick to lower the price on their pipes for cheapskates who are apparently deaf and like to be a laughing stock).

The FP3, however, cured all problems, although I have still decided I don't like the sound of the pipes, no matter the baffle. Maybe for a street poser.....

#10 ·
my 2012 Heritage came with the Rush 2.0 already on with the original tune. Some decel popping, but I like it the way it is. No other mods.

Very happy with the bike

#11 ·
Put the Screamin' Eagle, 50 state legal slash cuts on my 2010 Heritage along with a new air filter and air cleaner box. My indie shop owner is very experienced and told me unless you're revving all the way to redline and then backing off, the standard ECM fuel map should be able to handle it without doing the download or adding a tuner. He was right. Love the look, the sound is just right and the bike has way more guts in the mid to upper range. No pops on decel either.

#12 ·
I just bought a 2012 heritage classic. It has a HD screamin eagle 90 degree air cleaner added and screamin eagle slip ons. The pipes are actually too quiet, probably a 5 out of 10. Just barely louder then stock.
I'm not looking for a very loud exhaust, maybe a 7 out of 10. I'm really looking for that thunder sound!
I'm thinking about buying the V&H straight shot slip ons. Anyone know how they sound? Or does anyone know if my current screamin eagle slip ons are capable of changing baffles, and sound, without completely removing the baffles? Oh, one more question, will I need to remap or tune anything? When the bike was purchased new, that's when the air cleaner and current slip ons were installed, HD dealer did a download. Will I need to do that again? Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.