Harley Davidson Forums banner

2008 Flstc Stage 1 Upgrade

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SCHMIDTY 
#1 ·
I've been looking all over the internet for my options to do a stage 1 upgrade on my 2008 FLSTC but I can not find what I am looking for.

Can anyone point me to slip on mufflers and an air cleaner kit that will use the original air cleaner cover?

#4 ·
I use the non-TBW version of this, but Zippers now has a version for '08+ TBW bikes.
http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=588&prod=2202

Zipper's MaxFlow Upgrade for 2008+ TBW Touring Bikes

Simple Air Flow Increase for 2008 Throttle By Wire Bikes! If you've installed the factory Stage I performance air cleaner kit 29260-08 on your 2008-up Touring bike, raise the performance higher with this easy to install MaxFlow filter upgrade. This kit includes a high quality 3" deep, washable/reuseable filter element and required longer mounting hardware. This filter has over 60% more surface area than the element it is designed to replace!

#5 ·
bub 7's & V/H slip ons

bub 7's looked great.. but were LOUDER than I wanted my bike to be.
V / H slip ons were cheaper , look ( good ), and have removable baffles .. the quiet baffles are about an etra 25.00 or so.

I have the quiet baffles on mine , they get louder after 500 mi or so.

the neighbors all know when I enter / exit the neighborhood .
I havent had the bike on a Dino so I dont know what if any horsepower / torque gains I have now.

I still have the bub7's if you are interested .. they have about 400 miles on them and no scratches if you are interested in buying used

hope this Helps brettset

#6 ·
bub 7's looked great.. but were LOUDER than I wanted my bike to be.
V / H slip ons were cheaper , look ( good ), and have removable baffles .. the quiet baffles are about an etra 25.00 or so.

I have the quiet baffles on mine , they get louder after 500 mi or so.

the neighbors all know when I enter / exit the neighborhood .
I havent had the bike on a Dino so I dont know what if any horsepower / torque gains I have now.

I still have the bub7's if you are interested .. they have about 400 miles on them and no scratches if you are interested in buying used

hope this Helps brettset
With my neighborhood I think I would have to go with the V / H but thanks for the offer on the Bub 7s

#8 ·
Flstc/flstci

I've completed stage 1 on my 2008 heritage softtail. I put V&H Big shots, not slip ons .. worth the extra money and a great sound as well. As for the neighborhood, I am more concerned about my safety sharing the road with the cars (a lot of careless people out there!) So the louder the better cause if they can't see me, at least they will hear me! It honestly has saved my skin once or twice.

I had originally put a ThundarMax unit on the bike as well, which seemed to be great, however I had some issues (electrical) .. so I pulled the Thundermax and put a Power Commander on in its place... everything worked great ... until yesterday!!! Electrical issues came back .. which is obviously a problem with the Harley itself (DUH, It is a Harley AFTERALL!) .. however the service dept can't figure out whats wrong with the bike, but now we know it's not the new computers. So either Thundermax or power commander is a good choice. I did prefer the thundermax because its self tuning and I ccould certainly tell a difference in horsepower between the two. Again, Thundermax is a little more expensive, but worth the difference in price.

I added a S&S breather, which took my 105th emblem without issue.

You have invested in an expensive bike by choosing a Harley. Don't let a few dollars stop you from getting what you want.

Life's short, max it out and ride it like you stole it ...

I can provide more detail as to exactly what I put on if you're still in the consideration phase.

Later and happy riding

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.