Harley Davidson Forums banner

New Owner

2K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  big john@dog 
#1 ·
I went to the Harley shop in Hudsonville MI. and am now an expectant owner of a 2013 slim. They even called the factory for a vin. Excited and aprehensive as I have never bought a bike that expensive before. I think that the last new bike I bought was an 86 VT700c. cost $5,000. Also never owned a big bore twin before. But this is going to be the best build I have ever done. No the shop isn't going to put any of the accessories on that I have ordered for this bike. Trust me that put a knot in their panties. I guess they have never had a new customer walk in and pay cash for a bike and accessories and not have a $3000 service dept bill. After all I've got about 45yrs motorcycle expierence behind me why would I let them do it. Oh ya rode in on my naked 83 hotrod wing that I didn't trade in, I think I may have made their heads explode. That was the part that was the most fun.:loco
You can see my hot rod wing here.

Grizzly Old Hippie

#8 ·
First off is the wire spoke wheels, going to 9spoke chrome 16" mags wrapped with Dunlop Raise white letter tires. Then it's time to get rid of the cheesy floor boards and put on pegs and controls. 2" rear drop. 14"x14" windvest. LED lights all round including Kuri LED headlight (bullet style chrome), Rear fender LED edge light. Fatboy chrome fork bib, and consol. Corbin gunslinger seat and short chrome backrest & rack (gotta have some place to strap a 30pk to bring home) with a LED light on the bar, and a Hypercharger air filter system. Other than that not much.

Photos will be posted of the build.:loco

#12 ·
I've been in that same store in Hudsonville quite a few times. Congrats on the new bike, I bet it was really a shocker for them when you got all those parts. That store is supposed to have the most Harley accessories in Michigan.
I'm new as well to a Harley, purchased this past spring. One of the nicest rides we've taken so far is the M22. Here's a pic from that ride:

#13 ·
After all I've got about 45yrs motorcycle expierence behind me why would I let them do it. Oh ya rode in on my naked 83 hotrod wing that I didn't trade in, I think I may have made their heads explode. That was the part that was the most fun.:loco
You can see my hot rod wing here.

Grizzly Old Hippie
Congrats on the new ride. I too just spent the most I ever have on a bike. To answer your question as to why to let them do it? Not sure about your dealer, but where I bought mine any parts I bought they installed for free (I know, it's included). Plus they warrent any parts they install.

I just wish I had the money to buy the parts....:drool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.