Harley Davidson Forums banner

Small saddle bags ???

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Kainam 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2001 xlh 883 and am looking for some small saddle bags that will fit my bike. First off everything I look at is LARGE and I don't need them LARGE I just want to be able to carry my wallet / cell / camera/ water bottle / map just a few items and I don't like the look of big bags hanging off my bike. I want them to fit tight and not be too obvious any ideas would be appreciated .

#3 ·
Check out my bags in the "Project Citation" thread on here. I actually just got on here to put up a new picture, so the thread will be at the top in a minute.
They're made by La Rossa Design, I love them. Small, nice profile in tight on the bike...yet big enough to carry a decent amount of stuff.

#4 ·
Well I order a set from cycle gear will see how they work out I also saw some at Viking bags they look small enough but there out of stock anyway. I just don't like the look of a big set of bags hanging off my bike but you do need something to hold all the junk in .

#5 ·
As some have mentioned... swingarm bag sounds like what you are looking for.

What did you end up ordering?

I went with LaRosa Design swingarm bags and gas cans, but many other vendors carry similar styled bags without the gas bottles.

#10 ·
Well the small bags showed up and they are anything but small could probably hold a 6 pack in each one and then some . They might be ok if I need to do some traveling good for an overnighter or such but to big for every day use . I saw some that mount to the handel bars or windscreen but Ill need to go to the dealer for that .

#15 ·
The problem with having small saddlebags is that you're going to still need to relocate everything in the back of your bike. It'll be a really tight squeeze from what I understand. You'll need to relocate the turn signals and the license plate...
I know the only way you can fit a set on there too, is if you get the shock cut out ones too..
This is only in reference to a 883..cuz thats all i know.
Check out http://www.vikingbags.com/harley-davidson-sportster-883-iron-motorcycle-saddlebags.htm too if you're looking for other bags

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.