Harley Davidson Forums banner

Comfortable seating for 2

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Thunder~Struck 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2007 883xl custom my woman loves to ride with me but the factory seat has a dump your passenger angle to it scares her to death added sissy bar but still uncomfortable any suggestions on a more comfortable seat for me and my passenger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
Buy yourself a man's bike and give the sportster to her.

Reactions: FrankenTrike
#8 ·
I've read good about the Mustang touring seat and the Harley Sundowner seat. My wife and I are fine now with the wide back rest sissy bar. If you bought the little back rest that maybe part of the problem. The stock seat does become uncomfortable for long rides. I think Harley does this on purpose so more people will buy the unreliable Twin Cams which keep the money rolling in. So far my only complaint now is the seat. Well the bags are small but there are non Harley alternatives that will fix that. ;)

#9 ·
There are any number of two-up seats, go to a dealer, that will let you fit several for a trial,(not necessarily a ride) , but a sit. No way to tell if you/she'll like one until you try it! You will need a sissy bar, unless the seat has a back rest. AND BY THE WAY, a Sportster is fine for two up!

#10 ·
FYI..
This is a cycle built for 2!
Hence the rolling couch...
Just saying...

Attachments

#11 ·
I completely agree when comparing stock to stock the Twin Cams are more comfortable. However when you factor in they weight over 100 pounds more and have various mechanical issues and cost more to service it just makes sense to buy a Sportster and spend a little money on a better seat. The seat cost is covered in the first repair bill for a Twin Cam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.