Harley Davidson Forums banner

Show me your Sporty

754K views 3K replies 959 participants last post by  2020Iron883 
#1 ·
OK so the idea was stolen from the Dyna pages but still, post some pics of your Sportster!
In demanding these pics I know I should post my own but I haven't got any good ones yet. I'll get some soon, just waiting for the sun to come out!

Reactions: VincentS
#62 ·
some here might remember my lil bro, he stopped by to hang out with us for a while when he first bought his 2005 883C a few short months ago, well he just sold it (BAD BROTHER, BAD!!!) anyhow here it is.....pretty much stock, we just put on some Sampson pipes, laydown plate bracket and got rid of the factory bitch bar.

Notice the super Hot 74 Sporty and 98 Fatty in the background, made a nice trio

Attachments

#67 ·
Well, my first post......figured it might as well be a picture! Just rode it home today. Already made one trip to the dealer to buy the lay down license plate holder! 2000 Sportster Sport....I just bought it from the original owner. It's about the cleanest one I could find. I'm sure it will evolve, and the days go on.....I feel the wallet getting lighter already:rofl:
Regards Sonny

#69 ·
Hey all

Looks like I finally found a decent home forum...

Just getting back into riding after a long layoff.....I know, sick ain't it.

Here's a couple of not-so-good pics of my Sporty. The wife just bought it for my Bday, she's a keeper (the bike and the wife, I mean).

It's a 2000 from the original owner. He's done all the upgrades on it up to now...now it's my turn.

Sorry for the low res...I'll have to get some better pics.

WH

Attachments

#73 ·
Looks like I finally found a decent home forum...

Just getting back into riding after a long layoff.....I know, sick ain't it.

Here's a couple of not-so-good pics of my Sporty. The wife just bought it for my Bday, she's a keeper (the bike and the wife, I mean).

It's a 2000 from the original owner. He's done all the upgrades on it up to now...now it's my turn.

Sorry for the low res...I'll have to get some better pics.

WH
WarHorse,
Sweet lookin' ride! You're a lucky man. All my wife does is complain about my bike. Maybe because I ride every chance I get. Is that a Cav Stetson I see in your avatar pic? I'm Cav myself (19K).

#70 ·
That paint scheme is diffenatly not you, if you'll just send your tins to me, i'll send you my stock black ones. :rofl::rofl::thumb
Nice bike Warhorse.

#76 ·
This looks like my bike. I love it. Added some Screaming Eagle slip ons, an engine guard, forward controls and detachable sissy bar and windsheild. Currently, I'm going sans-windshield. I love the greater sense of freedom, but the downsize is the bugs in the face. I'm starting to differentiate bugs by their taste! My full-face helmet helps, though. Congrats on the new bike!

#77 ·

Here's my 883. Finally managed to upload a few photos. I'm gonna have the wheels powder coated in black. Got a few bits on order. I don't like the look of the two-up seat so I think I'm gonna get a sundowner or something similar. Thought about a stage 1 but my stealership charges too much so it's gonna have to stay stock.

#80 ·
Thanks Gruss. Is it you that has a 'thing' for vespas?:thumb I went to a show yesterday and saw a chopped vespa. I've uploaded a photo of it. I'll see if I can send it to you somehow.

#85 ·
The mufflers are just the stock ones that came with the bike. Its a UK model so maybe they're different to the US ones. The seat is the HD 'Pillow Look' seat. It was on the bike when I bought it used. It's super comfy but it makes the bike look really tall. I'm gonna get a solo seat for when the Mrs on the back.

Had to ride home from work at 6.30am yesterday through a torrent of rain! Bike is now filthy and the shiny bits are not shiny any more! I spend a lot of time cleaning this thing. The UK weather and Harleys are not friends!

#86 ·

Here's some pic's of my little ladies bikes. She still has both but the 2004 883 will be going soon. She just picked up the 2007 1200 custom last night. She wanted the more powerful 1200 and EFI so thats what she got. It already had V&H slip ons and the stage one air cleaner and download. I have to change out all the parts from her 883 to the 1200 so she will be able to ride it a little easier(progressive 11" shocks, grips, levers) and i have a solo reach seat on the way.

#90 ·
I saw this topic and thought it would be appropriate to post a pic of my Sporty as my first post to this forum. I bought my bike about three months ago, and even though I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, I have done, and do, all the wrenching myself on it. So I think I will be visiting here quite often and tap into all the experience I see is here.

Anyway, the top pick is of the bike as it was when I bought it, and the bottom pic is of what I have done so far. I did away with the mid controls for forwards, raked the front end 14 degrees over stock and extended the forks 6", relocated the lane change indicators to the forks, replaced the Sundowner seat with a Badlander, and put on some V and H shortshots. Still have a few more things to accomplish, but need to slow down on the spending side of it.:D