Harley Davidson Forums banner

HD Infotainment Update Caution

106K views 249 replies 78 participants last post by  Ibis117 
#1 ·
Saw that HD has firmware version 1.18.1 available for the Boom 6.5 GT Radio; verified I had the right one, downloaded and installed.

As some of you have discovered, it may result in bombing the GPS- blank map, failed route calculations...

Called HD- they send you a link to download/re-install your previous firmware (mine was 1.17.4).

My advice is not to install new firmware on a weekend, as HD tech-support can't be reached during that time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#36 ·
Dropped off my bike last night for 5K maint and ask about the 1.18 upgrade. Service rep said they would do it. I ask about the issues and he said they have a patch for the Nav that takes care of it. Strange part was only one tech has the patch and he is not working until Wed??????

#46 ·
Just loaded the 1.18.2 update to replace the 1.17.5 and everything looks good .Navigation is showing a map.Have not had a chance to tested on the road .Waiting for wormer weather .The whole process took about 10 minutes and one of the files had a update to the navy system.
My dealer was going to install the update but they forgot about it, so i did it myself :)

#48 ·
I'm having an issue bluetoothing my ipod to my 4.3 unit , it breaks up like a bad radio signal , also the music will change speeds & pause briefly. I tried my ipod through the ear buds to check function and it worked fine.

My firmware level is at 1.17.1.2 going to update to the 1.18.2 and see if it corrects it.

#49 ·
I've updated my Boom! system twice now and have had no problems. Make sure you read the step by step instructions HD provides on the website. The sales guy at my local dealer said he had troubles but we figured out that he was missing a step in the instructions where you need to copy the file(s) within the zipped folder on to a flash drive. He was copying the zipped folder and could not get it to install.

#51 ·
Ta-da!

Glad we could help

#52 ·
I downloaded the latest firmware version (1.18.2) onto my flash drive and unzipped it but will wait until spring since bike is hibernating for the winter. By then, there just might be another update.

Patience!

Attachments

#59 ·
I didn't see the need for the extra expense for the Harley GPS or some of the extras that come with the Special. I settled for the FLHX and pleased with it. I treated myself to a new Garmin for this bike and it works just fine with the RAM mount. The older Garmin Nuvi 660 is still good but it isn't used as much any longer.

The stock shocks work fine for me since I only weigh about 158 lbs. and don't haul much either. So I saved a bunch of money and enjoy the benefits by using the extra cash elsewhere on the bike.

I'm a happy biker!

#61 ·
I have tried on my Ultra CVO -15 but it does not work.

This is the way I did it, first I copied only the ISO file to a large USB drive (more than 8 GB)-it did not work, then I copied also the txt file-it did not work

But I did check the Hardware information (Home->Setup->System information) Here the HD Part # the Boom box is 76000229, while in the txt file it say 76000228. I suspect this is not correct...? Have anyone of you that mange to get it working possibility to check if you have the equal numbers or if it also differ?
Or can it be that I live in Sweden and this needs an other update file?

Has anyone got a Ultra Limited CVO and been able to update?

#62 ·
I believe it was mentioned in the other thread but Ankartross it may be because you have a non-US version of the system. Check with your local dealer to see if they have a different update for European bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.