Harley Davidson Forums banner

Mad as hell

10K views 80 replies 51 participants last post by  rob175 
#1 ·
Just got my 2016 insurance bill. Up $236.39 a year (21%). No claims, no accidents. Jesus H Christ. Now I pay $1,375.00 a year. This is criminal. Wish Allstate or Geico could move to Canada. :pull

#8 ·
Wow... I pay less than your increase, $168/year for my 2010 Softail and $175/year for my wifes 2015 Deluxe here in NY. That's with full collision, etc. with $250 deductible on both.

I probably get around $25 off for multi-policy discount but still that's a huge difference.

#10 ·
I know! I'm thinking it will be practical to sell 2 of my 3 as much as I hate to do it. I have 3 bikes and 2 cars and my insurance costs are through the roof even though I'm a great driver.

#23 ·
Full coverage plus some for accessories on my 2014 FLHXS with Allstate. $660.00/year

#30 ·
I remember one of the questions I had to answer was if the bikes were garaged or kept outside. Probably makes a difference in some cases. My agent also said sometimes she was required to check. Since same company also insures my house and garage and they saw the garage when it was built and have photos she said another a site visit wasn't needed.

#32 ·
GEICO tried that crap with me. I called them immediately and asked to be transferred to a retention supervisor. I called BS and told them I'm leaving and that I was going to inform all my rider "buddies" not to even try GEICO. They knocked it down immediately. You have to play hardball with these guys.

#33 ·
I wonder why so many discrepancies across the board ?
I know it all depends upon location but the dollar amount spread here is outlandish !
Personally I feel gifted considering I had a OWI in 2005 ! Otherwise clean as a whistle for better than 40 years.
There is one other consideration that affects insurance costs, I read this just yesterday on a Fox news feed, your personal credit score.
A low or bad credit rating raises insurance rates, even if there's been no claims or traffic tickets !
Go figure !
Here's another one... Why do we all pay for bits of data when the providers can't supply bits of data ? Providers can only supply data in BYTES ! 8 bits = 1 BYTE. A BYTE is any one letter or number you see on your computer screen. A single bit or 5 bits can't be computed !
Maybe this should be posted at a computer geek website instead of here !
Oh well ... I'm on a roll !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.