Harley Davidson Forums banner

Jiffy Stand Extension Install - 2011 RGC

62K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Dustdevil 
#1 ·
Jiffy Stand Extension - Part Number 50233-00

Much better now to find the stand and to lower it and also to put it back. Initially, from looking at the photos on the web, I thought it would do nothing for helping pull it back up, not the case, works excellent both ways.

Present the part, use a center punch to mark the center and help avoid the dril bit to dance around...

Download HD Instructions Sheet

Instructions tells you to drill a 1/8 hole and the go to the 1/4 drill bit... errrrr nope... good luck with that! Maybe it was the drill bits I was using that were cheap or not sure what... but I had to take small steps until I was close enough to the 1/4" bit... lost a few drill bits in the process...

Install it, install the provided nut, tighten and you are done!!

A few more photos.

Here you can see what a difference this mod makes to reaching the stand. When in the up position the stock tab is so hidden that it is a pita to get to. Now with this it is very easy to reach and put down or put up.

In this photo it is not retracted completely due to the hydraulic jack getting in the way, but you get the idea.

See less See more
#2 ·
Locktite is a good idea on the extension hardware.

Reactions: Dustdevil
#11 ·
You need a better punch and drill bits!! :rollin Drill bits with the anti skip on the tips. And not kidding...get good ones, start with a small bit and work your way to the required size.

#12 ·
You can also sand the area where the drill bit touches... one of those Dremel Sanding/Grinding Bit should do the trick, the purpose is to get the chrome sanded so the drill bit catches. But you better use some cobalt drill bits for this task... I went through several of the titanium coated, anti-slip bits... you saw the photos.

#14 ·
well i gave up on drilling the hole myself . ha . i took jiffystand off , took it to my local small engine guys machine shop . he cut a hole threw in nothing flat with his drill press and charged me.....
FREE !

Kickstand extension installed looks good works great.

#15 ·
Question if anyone knows...The stock tab on my jiffy stand broke off yesterday and now I am looking for solutions...this extension being one. My concern is the extension alone is not enough to hold up. With the extension on, does your foot even touch the stock tab or does the extension need the stock tab for structural assistance?
I am really needing to solve this...bending over to pull out the kickstand has resulted in one lean-over... I am not going to have another.
Help? Ideas?

#16 ·
Forget about the stock tab... get this installed and be done with it. :nod - stock tab is not used with this mod installed. You will not miss it.

Question really is, How the heck did you manage to break off that tab????

#17 ·
It requires a carbide drill bit, which is harder but also more brittle than other bits, which means it breaks more easily. Use oil on the bit. Press hard and drill slow. Pick up a high quality pucnch. Be careful if you are not straight with the drill bit it could snap. Good luck brother

#20 ·
Stand extension installed on the CVO.

The correct drill bits (cobalt) made all the difference on the amount of effort and broken bits (NONE!!!). Thank you for the suggestion. :thumbsup

#22 ·
I cant believe that HD is using chrome moly tempered steel in its kick stands.
Not with their "technology".
Even if; the problem with broken bits is surely the cheap Chinese crap they offer for sale at Home Depot etc.
I was an aircraft inspector/sheet metal mechanic for many many moons and NEVER had a problem with drill bits breaking.
Not with good bits.

#25 ·
Someone asked on this thread how long you think it would last, well I had one on my STC for 10 years and had no problems with it breaking or with rust. When I bought my SG I removed it from the STC and installed it on the Glide. It's been on the glide for almost a year now. There was one problem... when I went to remove it, the screw and nut was ground at an angle. So I had to cut the screw off.

#26 ·
Got an extension for my XL:

Attachments

#37 ·
I will keep the HD Center Stand I have and be happy with it :fitz. As much as I like the wheeldock and how easy it is to use....I am not spending $ on another stand...and I am not going to try to sell mine, I can't make another owner go through this...

Right now, I just want to :biking:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.