Harley Davidson Forums banner

Road King Classic Primary Cover Differences

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  btsom 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I need to replace my primary cover on my 2009 RoadKing Classic.

Attached are two primary covers one is from my 2009 that I am replacing with a 2010 cover (I think)... are these interchangeable as they both have different part numbers and a slight modification at the front of the inside cover (see photos).... Is this 'Mod or different type of case rib' used to direct primary oil over the front compensating sprocket and rotor assembly?

I have changed the comp sprocket and upgraded the rotor from stock, the cover fits but I can't see inside if there's any clearance issues between the comp sprocket and the inside cover and thought i'd ask for advice before finishing the task.

Standing by for comments or issues....

Thanks,

Aussie Ads..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The 07A is just a revision of the 07. 07A is applicable in all cases that previously used the 07.

I think your theory about the additional rib makes sense. :nod

#4 ·
You might get some modeling clay and stick it on the parts that you think may have a clearance problem then put the cover on. Once the clay has been compressed you can then determine where the problems are. Might be a simple die grinder to "fix" the rib. Later, papanewt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.