Harley Davidson Forums banner

HD dealership DB question

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  NJMike 
#1 ·
I just completed the 2016 Q4 dealership DB update. To check it, I looked for a dealer that I knew was wrong. I can't find it in the dealership list. The farthest dealer that it lists is 238 miles away. The one I'm looking for is 258 miles.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of limit on the list, like distance or maybe the maximum number of dealers listed?

Thanks,
Mike

#2 ·
Hmmm...don't think there are supposed to be any limits on distance or Dealerships. At least I haven't heard of any.

The Boom Box software is still way buggy and not where they want it. I don't know if it will ever be right! Dealerships included.

Granted it's still a good system and they are probably working hard to get it right, but they are human you know!!!

#4 ·
Hey NJMike...I'm having a problem with my dealer update. Did yours go well? When I go to install the dealer update it keeps saying "Authenticating" and won't do anything else. I posted my problem under "H-D Boombox Update" in this forum.

Let me know how you did it.

#5 ·
Jimmers, I had problems too. I started by putting both the software update and the DB update on the USB drive at the same time. The software update worked fine but I do not know if that caused the problem with the DB update. I did follow instructions posted here and on another HD site. They didn't work :(

In the end, this is what I did:

1- deleted all the 1.20.3 software update files from the USB drive
2- deleted all the DB update files from the USB drive
3- re-downloaded the DB file directly to the USB drive
4- from inside the ZIP folder on the USB drive, I copied the entire Harley_POI_Maps folder to the root of the USB drive
5- from inside the Harley_POI_Maps folder I copied the "nng" folder to the root of the USB drive
6- from inside the Harley_POI_Maps folder I copied the "swdl" file to the root of the USB drive

I don't honestly know which of the steps was the 1 or 2 real things that needed to be done. I did it this way because I was tired of trying things and wanted to cover all possibilities.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.