Harley Davidson Forums banner

Audio cutting out after new software, Boom 6.5

5K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  PeteZ28 
#1 ·
I just updated the software on my '14 Ultra Limited with the Boom 6.5 radio from 1.19.1.2 to the latest version, 1.20.3, and the audio is now cutting out constantly. Doesn't matter if it's Pandora or MP3's from my iPhone (USB) or FM radio. Might not happen for 5 minutes, might happen every 30 seconds.

One thing I noticed is if I hit the volume up or down while it's cutting out, the volume bubbles that come up on the screen show the front speakers at whatever volume is set, but the rears as being muted. So it seems to be some software bug. I'm going to try to re-install the new software again, but has anyone ever heard of this or fixed it? The dealer has not seen that before, and suggested I try to redo the update.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Update: I think I figured out the problem. I was playing with the Nav the night before, and I guess I left a destination active. So it was cutting speaker sound to send prompts to my non-existent headset, since that's where I have nav prompts set to go to. Will be a few days before I can go for another ride, but I'm pretty sure that's what the problem is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.