Harley Davidson Forums banner

Are there better chrome lower forks than what HD offers?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Alan S 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the progressive shock cartridges for my RKC after having put in the Progressives in the rear last year. I was thinking also about replacing the lower fork with the chrome ones at the same time obviously since if I were to do it it makes sense to do it now. The shop I was at said he gets them for about $650, not sure those are HD brand. I saw the ones on HD online for about $569 and the same through another dealer for about $464. Just wondering what kind if any would go for $600+

Harley Davidson 45800036 Chrome Front End Kit

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
HD chrome is what I'd go with.

There used to be a place in Paduka KY called Brown's that did top notch show quality chrome, but they closed up shop a few years ago due to EPA regs I believe.

#4 ·
I just came very close to ordering a set of the Chrome lower forks just now, but on the check out page decided not too. I could get them $469 shipped and in the next couple of weeks having the Progressive monotubes put in so now would be the time but I have to think what else on my bike will look bad after that. Its 15 years old, some of the chrome is pitting and flaking (I have a set of rocker covers I got last year cheap to go on) and if I put the forks on where will I stop? I'm comfortable with the way it looks now and I'm more interested in the ride the progressives will give than I am about the look of the lower tubes.

#7 ·
I just came very close to ordering a set of the Chrome lower forks just now, but on the check out page decided not too. I could get them $469 shipped and in the next couple of weeks having the Progressive monotubes put in so now would be the time but I have to think what else on my bike will look bad after that. Its 15 years old, some of the chrome is pitting and flaking (I have a set of rocker covers I got last year cheap to go on) and if I put the forks on where will I stop? I'm comfortable with the way it looks now and I'm more interested in the ride the progressives will give than I am about the look of the lower tubes.
Bahahaha! Stop?? Oh brotha please!! Those that like slutty chrome, like me, never stop!

As far as what might look bad after the lowers are chromed? Probably the brake rotors for starters....... Chrome lace wheels, chrome lowers, and plain rotors. They'll stand out immediately. But when it's all done, it makes the front end POP! :wink

Reactions: mcnphotog
#6 ·
I bought the Arlen ness smooth chrome lowers and I am not happy how the chrome has held up... sure it has some miles on them but I have friends that have the Harley chrome lowers and they look just fine with just as many miles... the Arlen ness look pretty good but I would not buy them again... harley has a much better chrome imo... you will love the look of the lowers if you decide to get them! This is what mine look like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.