Harley Davidson Forums banner

Ultra Limited to Road King style license plate relocation

22K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Jake 
#1 ·
Thanks to information I found on several boards, I used the Road King directional bar to relocate my license plate.

Originally Posted by dansflhti
Directional Bar 68742-09
Light Assy 69378-09
Plate Bracket 69380-09BHP
Bumper 60909-09

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I’ll also add that the parts from the Harley dealership totaled close to $200, and that was with me reusing my turn signal lights. By searching e-bay with the part number for the bar I got the entire assembly (brand new condition) including new lights for $49 shipped. That was a good find!

#3 ·
This is what the HDI models look like. A lot of us in good ol Europe would love to have it the other way around, but the license tags are too big in most countries over here.
Personally I don't like the looks of the empty US license tag mounting plate. So I added a Bar & Shield emblem. It is like always: Different strokes for different folks.
Ride safe
Werner

#5 ·
I see. That is what I was thinking to do with mine. But for me it is too much of a hassle. I had a detachable Tour Pak mounted on my FLHX and I never removed the Tour Pak anyhow. For sure, it will look much better without the blank plate.
Ride safe
Werner

#6 ·
I want to get rid of the clear window on top of the tail light lens. Looking for HD part number 68245-03 lens off a Road King or Street Glide. If anyone has one they want to sell let me know. Thanks

Beach, i forgot the link in the other forum, here ya go: Taillight Cover | Chrome | Küryakyn Just be sure to get the one without the slots, ya can't beat a $20 solution!!

#12 ·
I still have to install the docking station I bought 2 years ago when I bought the bike..

I would love to move the license plate down, Will the Roadking bracket work with/attach to the lightbar I have on now?
The area for the light is built into the Road King bar so it is a replacement, it does not attach to your existing bar. Want to sell your tour pac detach kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#15 ·
I opted for the CycleVision CV4808C led tag mount/taillamp/turnsignal assembly when I mounted the detachable hardware for my tourpack(I used the docking kit for a Streetglide due to the fact that it didn't come with that ugly azz tag mount sticking up like an afterthought, very clean looking and all plug & play, uses the stock turnsignal bar bolt holes in the fender and has a gasket/seal so that no dirt comes thru the factory taillamp hole (which it completely covers,,just my personal opinion/choice.

#17 ·
I like the clean lines on the back of the bike with the Road King Lts.

Here's the big problem with all this relo stuff. The tail light has a window on top to shine light onto a plate that is gone. You ever try getting in and out of your bags and can't see squat because that light is beaming in your eyes. I'm looking to fix that issue on my bike. I was going to blank it out from the inside, but I'd rather use something that was made for it. I'm not interested in the chrome piece that sits out on top.

SO here's the big question... will the Street glide tail light work as a replacement on my 05 Ultra to loose that window on top of the break light?

#18 ·
. . .SO here's the big question... will the Street glide tail light work as a replacement on my 05 Ultra to loose that window on top of the break light?
Yes, it would work. I believe all of those rear fender mounted tail lights are the same except for whether or not they have the plate light window. I kept the LED tail light I bought for my Heritage, and it bolted right to my Electra Glide Classic. The mount, base of the light and all of the wiring harness is exactly the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.