Harley Davidson Forums banner

I want to do away with the stock exhaust

8K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  nobby bobby 
#1 ·
I'm looking for the louder sounding rumble exhaust - I guess there are a lot exhaust that can be bought. Anyone got some ideas of what I should be looking at?

Will I need to get them installed or will I be able to do it myself?:feedback:

#2 ·
We need to know what the bike is atleast, before a recommendation can be made.

Get on YouTube and search your model and exhaust and see what comes up.

#14 ·
^This^

Pull the old. Put the new on. Leave all nuts bolts and studs loose.
Make sure everything is on and aligned.
Then go back and tighten everything down.
Fire it up to check for leaks. Take it for a ride to enjoy it`s sweet music.
Have a favorite beverage of choice to celebrate a do-it-yourself job well done.

#18 ·
Could someone suggest a de-catted head pipe for the freewheeler?

I'd like to do that, leave the mufflers for now (because they are shorter & most likely can't find any right now), and a tuner.

I guess I'll have HD install the tuner so they won't void my warranty.

#20 ·
I went with the Cobra powerport headpipe for my 2015 Tri Glide,with V/H slash down mufflers and V/H fuel pak,I like the fuel pak because of the auto tune. Got all of it for less then 800 bucks off E Bay all new parts.

#19 ·
I put a non catalyst header pipe on my 2014 tri glide this last summer. at the same time we put screaming eagle mufflers and a new intake. Also installed a Power Vision tuner and we did it all ourselves. not a mechanic in the bunch! just straight forward instructions and quality components. I am about to put a set of CFR megaphone mufflers on, as I want a bit more sound. I did have access to a lift which made it a bit easier, but its not a requirement.

#21 ·
Finally got all the new exhaust installed,re tuned the bike then put the fpk on auto tune and took it for a ride,it ran good for the first few min then it started popping and hesitating,so I took it back off auto tune but did not ride it again yet,starting raining,anyway is it normal for it to run a little ruff when first using the auto tune? V/H fuel pak. Also I dont like the mufflers so I think Ill see if I can trade them to someone that wants a loud bike for mufflers that are a little quieter,I have the V/H single slash cut mufflers.

#24 ·
shine a flashlight up the pipes if you see just a piece of metal on an angle that is the baffle. take an electrical conduit pipe about 3 feet long and get a 2 lb hammer. Gently pound the electrical conduit pipe into the baffle. Remove in a twisting motion. You might need to twist with vice grips. You just save yourself 600 bucks including labor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.