Harley Davidson Forums banner

Mufflers

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Roger McClellan 
#1 ·
Morning TRIKER"S I have a question for you if you have an HD Trike. What mufflers are you running on yours. Mine is completely stock & want to keep it that way. I used to rebuild my motor's all the time with better heads and cam's and HOT Pipes. But don't feel the need for that much now. Thanks for any help you can give me. :devil

#2 ·
Dunno about mine either..
Mine are whatever frankenstein made them to be.

They look like the old cherry bombs..just chromed.
Looking for a set of fish tails straight pipes.. that will mount up to my setup... so far no luck...

Hope this isn't the answer your looking for Rick.

#3 ·
Morning TRIKER"S I have a question for you if you have an HD Trike. What mufflers are you running on yours. Mine is completely stock & want to keep it that way. I used to rebuild my motor's all the time with better heads and cam's and HOT Pipes. But don't feel the need for that much now. Thanks for any help you can give me. :devil
Huh... :angel

Reactions: scspartan
#6 ·
This what you're looking for Rick? :rofl: Sorry, couldn't resist :eek:uttahere:

Attachments

#12 ·
my mufflers are semi-stock, removed the baffles and packing and then installed the thunder torque inserts, sounds half way decent but the engine now pulls the hills in a higher gear and a lot more power, only cost is the thunder torques which was $50.the hills that i use to gear down to 5th gear to maintain speed limit i can now pull in 6th and have power to spare.

#13 ·
I recently put a set of Vance and Hines on my 2018 Tri Glide. They are pricey at $699 plus tax, the reviews all said they could be a little louder, I do agree, however these are louder than stock and add additional clearance on the tips as they are tapered. You can feel the difference and I just added the K&N air filter. From what I’ve read you do not need to retune the M8s like the twin cams, however, it’s still going to run lean. Which I will add the Adaptive Dynamic Tuner from DK Products which does not affect the Harley tuner or void warranty, sorry to get off topic a little. Just wanted to explain adding the intake with the exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.