Harley Davidson Forums banner

VRSC As Touring Platform?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  fatboy_nj 
#1 ·
A good friend is accepting a job in Doha, Qatar. For those of you lucky enough to have never been to the Gulf, it is crazy hot there. We are talking about a place that feels like it is three feet away from the surface of the sun.

Since he wants to use a motorcycle as his primary means of transportation, he is looking at the VRSC, but he needs practicality more than sex appeal. A Big Twin or Sporty will likely have issues with the extreme heat and dust, so he is not inclined to view those two solutions as realistic for his concept of a "commuter" bike over the next several years.

According to him, several internet searches haven't given him any good information about aftermarket solutions to make this platform into a bike that gives him adequate storage space or comfortable ergonomics to make a "commuter" out of the VRSC.

Can anyone point me in a direction that I can use to help him change his mind?

#2 ·
Yes. I own an 03 and toured on it for a year, still do solo on it.

Checkout 1130cc.com as there is a lot of collected information there dedicated to the vrod.

#4 ·
No, American Motorcyclist Association political action committee.

But I did serve our country so all people could participate in the constitutionally afforded rights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.