Harley Davidson Forums banner

Hard Frost Change air

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  jpassh2o 
#1 ·
It's here the first hard frost of the season. Heading down to swap out the summer air for cold weather air in tires. Have this fancy do dad that will siphon the air out of the tire with air pressure. I'll get all the air out now. Then fill with fresh cold air now I'll be set for fall riding.

#2 ·
Ahhhh Rotating the Air in the tires good Idea.
I heard it will get stale if it's I there to long and go's flat.....:eek-surprise....

:rofl:..........................:rofl:................................:rofl:

Why don't you just put all Season air in them the sell it at Walmart ...:laugh..............:laugh

#7 ·
Frozen air reportedly keeps well for at least six months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
All that summer air coming out of the tires smells like the after effects of eating bean soup,. Huh, John? Imagine whats happening to the inside of that tire with that stuff in there.

#14 ·
With the Chinese Harbor freight compressors out there you have to make sure also that you are putting SAE air in your bike and not metric air. You do not want to get caught on a long drive with metric air in an american bike. Same thing goes for your turn signal fluid.

Reactions: Trashman
#15 ·
I'm guessing that everyone who needs to change out summer air for winter riding air lives up north. That's the benefit of living here in Texas - our air is good for year round riding. Maybe there's a business opportunity here - packaging it and finding a distributor to sell it to yankees. Any takers??

#18 ·
If you were running dino air along time, then you change to synthetic air, will you suddenly find new leaks in your tires and rims?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.