Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Old Photos
Thread: Old Photos
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 09:53 AM
Sarah93003
Rocker Chik

Garage
My mom and stepdad about 1961-61 on this 1949 Panhead. The first ride I ever had on a bike as on this one when I was 5 years old. My dad rode me around town (Jonesboro, AR) and I loved it. I was hooked from that point on. A few years later at the age of 11, he started me on a Honda 50 (with knobby tires it was a dirt bike). I didn't weigh enough to make the kick starter go down and I couldn't reach the ground. He would start it, put it on the center stand, and I would rock back and forth until it came off and away I'd go. By the time I was 18 I was very good at hill climbing and racing through the trails as well as the local motocross circuit. I switched to road riding at the age of 18 and have been riding ever since.

My dad is 79 and his memory is slipping. Every time I talk to him he asks me if I'm still riding and if I have a Harley. I say yes and then he asks if it is a "74". In his mind that is the last engine HD made.

2008 Rocker C
SoCal Patriot Guard Rider

Yeah....I ride like a girl, so, try to keep up.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome