2016 Fat Bob exhaust advice? - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 06:37 PM

When I got my '12 Fat Bob I went with the Screaming Eagle slip-ons. A bit louder than the stock pipes but not excessively loud. Buddy has a Fat Bob a couple years older than mine, same pipes, they are a LOT louder mine. Apparently sometime around 2012 things changed so the newer Screaming Eagles aren't as loud as previous years.

Generally I'm happy with them, don't have to worry about waking up the neighborhood leaving for work early in the morning. On mutli-lane busy highways I wish they were louder, but sometimes I'll just drop it down a gear and run at a slightly higher RPM to make more roar. Realistically though, most newer cars these days are so sound insulated so they probably wouldn't hear me no matter what.

Good luck and enjoy the bike, I love mine!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 08:43 PM

Have the same bike and the only thing i can say is, "4 inch Oval Cycle Shack Slip on exhaust". MSRP 369.00, but eBay has them way cheaper than that, i found mine for 80.00 brand new. I'm not lying and if they are sold out, some dealers sell them around 150.00 to 250.00. You won't regret it, they have a deep rumble but, they are loud.

Go to eBay and search: cycle shack slip ons dyna fat bob or call cycle shack company themselves, they are based in Cali

Last edited by cowboybeast; 01-27-2016 at 09:39 AM.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 11:38 AM

Yes Cycle Shack equals LOUD.

Stay Vertical

USAF Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider.
2009 Softail Custom in Vivid Black, 3"Slip ons, SE A/C Kit, Knight Rider Xieds, SE Compensator, Fork Brace and some more chrome to polish.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 07:57 PM

Congrats on your new bike, I have a 2015 Fat Bob, I'm not new to riding, I'm almost 55 and been riding bike on road since age 15. I've narrowed my choices to RB Racing LSR 2 into 1 pipes, Vance and Hines 2 into 1 pipes as wel as also thunder headers. It's all preference when comes to this and anything you put in your bike.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 06:28 PM

Nice mines the flat denim black one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1455146904406.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	449985  
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 01:20 AM

Take a look at the D&D exhaust systems---Not only do they look and sound good but they add considerably to your bikes TQ and HP numbers. D&D has at least two different baffles for whatever db number you like ! A little spendy although remember ,"You get what you pay for". I've run them on all of my bikes for years. They last a very long time without wearing out and/or bluing !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0630.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	450745  
pkvir likes this.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 08:35 PM

D&D only good to 113" engine size, do they make one good for 88 to 124 or as high as a 140?
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
D&D only good to 113" engine size, do they make one good for 88 to 124 or as high as a 140?
Give them a call they are usually very helpful !
2006-2016 Harley Dyna Fat Bob and Wide Glide Fat Cat 2:1 Full System | D & D Exhaust
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 05:12 PM

The pipe looked pretty decent
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 08:08 PM
Be alive!

Garage
Congrat for your new bike.

There is so much options for you bike that you can surfing on internet looking and looking. Youtube is one option to hear something but all depend on quality of the camera and your loudspeakers (all is often too pore to get decent sound comparison).

Go arround and speak, listen your friends bikes and do not be shy to make questions. I personaly spend half a year to decide which exhaust should I buy ...

If you need just bettert sound than mufflers would be enough. If you want a litlle more of HP than change complet exhaust system.

Small children, small toys. Big children, big toys (more expensive).

Enjoy your bike and let us know how your toy would be improwed

Go beyond

2014 FXDL
Bassani Road Rage II Mega Power
ThunderMax
NGK Iridium
Hypercharger
Daymaker 5 3/4
Drag Specialties LED tail light smoked
Avon footpegs and grips
Khrome Werks Sissy bar
La Rosa left side bag

Last edited by RomanHD; 03-02-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode