Power vision dyno tune vs screaming egal super tuner pro - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By chasarms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Power vision dyno tune vs screaming egal super tuner pro

There is a shop in my town that tunes with a power vision and auto tune for 525 but all you get is a reflasged ecu you don't get the handheld device. They say my bike would pick up alittle power and be more rideable if I was to that the screaming egal super tuner pro off the bike and have them reflash the ecu with the power vision/ autotune but 525 without the handheld seems like alot of money. What is your guys veiw on this have them dyno tune it or just leave the screaming egal tuner and wait tell I do cams or big bore kit and get the power vision tuner from like fuel moto with there free map?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 08:36 AM

Garage
If the bike was tuned correctly with the SEST, there's no reason to change anything unless you have modified something since then. The PV isn't going to make any difference.

All tuners are no better than the programmer. If you think your bike isn't running right, you should take it back to whoever did the SEST tune and talk to them.
jpassh2o and johnsonkevin211 like this.

2011 Ultra Classic Electra Glide FLHTCU
SE255 Cams | Jackpot 2/1/2 SPC | Jackpot 4" Dyno Tuned Mufflers | DynoJet PowerVision
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:11 AM
Dirty Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasarms View Post
If the bike was tuned correctly with the SEST, there's no reason to change anything unless you have modified something since then. The PV isn't going to make any difference.

All tuners are no better than the programmer. If you think your bike isn't running right, you should take it back to whoever did the SEST tune and talk to them.
Chasarms is right.
Your bike can be tuned just as well with the SEST as with the PV. The benefit to the PV is that you can use autotune to slightly tweak a tune as you are riding the bike and it is easy to get a totally new tune to download to the bike if needed but you would need to own the PV module. You already own the SEST module.
I would find a tuner that uses the SEST unless you want buy the PV tuner for future upgrades.

If it aint broke I'll fix it.

09 EGC Black & Silver
107" FM
TW 555 Cams
Stage 2 Heads
Power Vision Tuner
Jackpot Header & Mufflers

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 02:01 PM

You can get the PV from Fuel Moto for $499. Then you own the whole thing. A couple of auto tune sessions and you should have a pretty good map, and flexibility when you make further changes. Nothing beats a good dyno tune but if you're intent on squeezing every last horsepower out of it then you decide what you want.

2007 Street Bob
ThunderMax
DK 587
Ohlins
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

And all the shop is doing for tuning is throwing a timing map on it and using auto tune to set the fuel that's why they say they can do it in an hour which yea you can Dail in wot in an hour but complete drive ability takes longer then an hour

After talking to doc it looks like the power vision is just another spin off of the screaming egal tuning it only has the same rate of data collection as the sert. I'm now looking into the track master tune and having someone that doc trained to do the tuning
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 05:20 PM
American

Garage
SEST if it's a new one, properly dyno'd should be as good as it gets. You can also tweak it with a lap top and proper cable.

2013 Ultra Classic
Midnight Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl
SE Pro Tuner, SE Ventilator AC
RC Component Mufflers
Fullsac Head Pipe
Dyno tuned
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:37 AM

If a tuning shop is saying they only need one hour to tune your bike, find another shop! By the end of this year I'll have a little over 18,000 hours in a dyno cell and I can honestly say that even with all the stars aligned I've had only a handful of bikes that I was satisfied with in 1 hour. It's rare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:38 AM
American

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasarms View Post

Yup^^^

2013 Ultra Classic
Midnight Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl
SE Pro Tuner, SE Ventilator AC
RC Component Mufflers
Fullsac Head Pipe
Dyno tuned

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode