Detachable saddlebags, options? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Detachable saddlebags, options?

Good evening you all, I'm considering investing on a set of Harley detachable saddlebags. Does anybody here has experience with those? My bike is a 2016 Street Bob. The photos I found are very limited, videos are 7 to 8 years old, drive by a couple of dealers and no luck, they don't have them on stock , so no chance to actually see how the look and work in order to make the decision to order.
Other brand I'm considering are the Leather Pro, the retro T sport set. With that my concern is that they would eventually loose the shape and potentially lag laterally.
Any thoughts, comments, pictures, video would be highly appreciated...thanks ahead

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 10:56 PM

I bought cheap $93ish throwover bags from Jafrum. They are holding up really well after three years of being on the bike. I of course installed the saddlebag brackets to prevent them from getting too close to the wheel. I also use leather strings to tie the loops to the brackets to keep them from swaying outward. I also install the throwover section under the seat. They are good bags for the price and you can buy 6 pairs for the price of one from Harley. What makes this important to me is if you lay the bike down, you can replace them without too much wallet ache.
jesusirazabal likes this.

You're Not Lost Until You Run Out Of Gas
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:35 PM
Banned

I bought Willie & Max bags from Jafrum when I had a Sportster. I liked them. When I traded the bike I sold those bags to another guy on the sportster forum and he liked them also.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:42 PM
Gypsy on Parade

I used a set of Edge brackets (formally Ghost) on my OEM saddle bags. They were great and I have been putting them on and off the bike for 5 or so years now.

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Alberta Strong

Garage
Detachable saddlebags, options?

Check out www.Bossbags.com

The sizing of their bags goes by how many beer cans can fit in each bag.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Collision II Iron Balls
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 02:14 PM

I have Boss Bags on my Street Bob. Don't recall the beer size but they are fine for me.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all who replied for taking the time and provide some ideas. Just wanted to update you all on the decision. In the end and after much consideration I decided to go with the HD detachable saddlebags, main reason for it? Looks, standardization, ease of removal. Now space is enough for me and I can detach or reattach in seconds, which was something I was looking for. Sharing an image of how they look...thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:30 AM

Garage
Nice Saddle Bags
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 09:52 PM
High Plains Beast

Garage
Tsukayu (https://www.tsukayu.com) makes a nice detachable hard bag if that's your style. I put them on my 14 Fat Bob about a year ago and use them whenever I'm going on a long ride, multi-day, etc. Got them for around $600, painted. They've held up really well!

Cheers

Stay Frosty and Enjoy The Ride![/SIZE]
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:41 AM

I have those bags and added the HD lock kit, if you're bike has a round vending machine style ignition key your dealer can match the locks to that key for an additional $10...you get two additional ignition keys out of the deal.

Universal Saddlebag Lock Kit | Saddlebag Accessories | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

82' Honda Silverwing Mint, 96' Sportster 883 Custom, 05' Dyna Superglide Touring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode