New or used FatBob?? Can't decide - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Go the 103 you won;t regret it and mod it to your liking over time.
roadrunner1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah i was thinking the same thing about the price I paid 15500 for my 2012 fat bob, until i realized he said he was in Lebanon, yeah gonna be a difference in price there.......

Sent from my DROID RAZR
gabe515 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

I would say ride both and decide. I weigh 250 and rode an 08 fatbob and that sucker has plenty of power. If it were me, I'd go with the cheaper route to give me money to customize.
02sportytex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

One other thing you might wanna consider is that all the new 2012 bikes have the new wiring so if you want to change anything like for example turning signals you will have to go to the dealer to get it done$$$$$$$$.

Scoob
Old 08-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

The '08 with under 10,000mi would be my choice.
2003 FXDL Stage1AC, Andrews tensioner upgrade kit, 21N cams, CVP upgrade carb, SE slip-ons, Mustang Vintage solo, Ohlins shocks, Intiminators in forks, Aux light kit, Mustang passenger seat, J&S lift.
Round Rock Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Turgid Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitzy View Post
$21,500 seams really high to me. I didn't pay anywhere near that for my Deluxe and they added some stuff to it. Try and negotiate both prices then go with the one you like best as others said 9k isn't much.
Seems high to me too but then again you are in Beirut and pricing here is in no way reflective of pricing there. Check with the locals and see what they say about pricing there.

Michigan
2012 FXDC "Big Blue Pearl"
2010 XL883L "Vivid Black"
Moisture free since 2011
Ratso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Too much for both! Get on the computer and do some shopping. I personally would be concerned about cooling problems that are coming up with the larger engines. I used an Xied to cool down my 96c. All the power I need. Might think about an oil cooler for a 103.
Treadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

$21,500 new and $16,000 for a 2008. Both prices seem way high. I bought a new 2011 Fat Bob and paid I think $15 something everything. I had dealer do Stage 1 and I added a Corbin seat. Fast forward to last month. My 2013 Road Glide came in and I had been trying to sell my Fat Bob on Craigslist since August. 6700 miles and Stage 1 and corbin seat. I dropped my price on Craigslist to $12,900 and NEVER GOT A SINGLE CALL. Dealer had stated he would take it in trade and allow $11,500 and since I hadn't sold it myself I traded it. Same dealer also has a 2008 Fat Bob--it has bags and a windshield and they have that one priced at $12,695.

I think the prices you got are out of line.

Louisville Joe
Louisville Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Go SEAHAWKS!!

Garage
I would say if you are ok with either price (either one is high IMHO) go for the'08 and add some of your own bling and mod the s**t outta that 96ci. If you can do any of the mech. work yourself, even better. Builds knowledge, familiarity with the bike and the confidence the work was done correctly.

"It's easy to curb the freedoms of others when you see no immediate impact on your own."
Malcolm Forbes

"Give the gift of your absence to those who do not appreciate your presence."

2000 Wide Glide Stage II
StillBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

I think both prices are way too high, I've got a 2010 Fat Bob with the 96 engine and it suits me just fine, I've got another exhaust, SC heavy breather and the SC super tuner installed so I don't think the 103 will outrun me by much.
On the other hand to get the 2013 to ride as how it should ride you will have to install the things mentioned above so that will be extra $$$$$$ so it might be interresting to get the 2008 if this all has been done and if you get a good warranty period.
Good luck