Eyewear - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
icy
Padawan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E4nf3 View Post
Do any of you do the full helmet thing? If so, does that make a difference on the type of eyewear?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
I wear a full helmet in winter and fall (right now) my helmet has a sun visor so I don't feel the need to wear glasses. It's also modular. So I open up the front, put the visor down, voila!
icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #32 (permalink)

Garage
I use a cheap 1.97 pair of wrap around tinted safety glasses from Harbor Freight, buy them 10 at a time and pitch when they get scratched.

But I also wear a full face helmet with shield.
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #33 (permalink)

I just got some Oakley Wind Jackets, and I would buy them again tomorrow if I lost them. They are pricey, but made in the USA, and changing lenses out is extremely easy. I get zero wind in my eyes on the highway. Super comfortable, and they look good as sunglasses when I am not riding.

Can't recommend them enough.

I had some WileyX transitions awhile back, but they never transitioned to anything but damn near clear for me. I left them in my truck one day and one of the lenses melted in the Texas sun. So not sure how they fare for the military in Afghanistan, but if there is ever a war in Texas I'd look else ware for eye protection. Maybe I just got a bad batch.
Rapidhamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #34 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidhamster View Post
I just got some Oakley Wind Jackets, and I would buy them again tomorrow if I lost them. They are pricey, but made in the USA, and changing lenses out is extremely easy. I get zero wind in my eyes on the highway. Super comfortable, and they look good as sunglasses when I am not riding.

Can't recommend them enough.

I had some WileyX transitions awhile back, but they never transitioned to anything but damn near clear for me. I left them in my truck one day and one of the lenses melted in the Texas sun. So not sure how they fare for the military in Afghanistan, but if there is ever a war in Texas I'd look else ware for eye protection. Maybe I just got a bad batch.

I like Oakleys too but don't knock Wiley X. They make different levels of glasses. The mil-spec glasses won't melt in the sun. And they can take a shot gun blast and not break. I have SG-1s and they are the toughest pair of glasses I've ever seen. Been through a lot of bad situations in Afghanistan. Had them 5 years now and all I've done is replaced the elastic headband.

-Rohan
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #35 (permalink)

Remember that transitional lenses only last for a little over two years or so. After that they are no different than any other pair of sunglasses. Great in theory, but if you're spending that much coin on glasses I would think you'd want them to last longer than that. Just my 2 cents.
2betterthan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #36 (permalink)

Garage
Oakley Juliets for Day and M-Frames for night.
deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #37 (permalink)
JPR

Garage
Bend the curve part around the ears to make the cable longer. That will get the pressure off the back of the ear. Any optometry center can help.

Been wearing Ray Bans since before they were popular.

In fact, I'm wearing them in this 1970 picture.

65 Italian scooter
66 305 Rice burner; NO PROBLEMS
67 650 English Bike; MAJOR PROBLEMS
1968/XLCH - lots of mods; loved it for 11 years; NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS
2012 Heritage 103 Rush 2.0 pipes "MAMBO #5"
bought all brand new except scooter

There's a picture of the sportster after all the mods in my images file. Check out my favorite target with a 45 Kimber at 25 ft on an 8.5 x 11 picture.

Last edited by JPR; 12-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.
JPR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #38 (permalink)

Garage
I buy $2.00 high impact safety glasses from Harbor Freight in regular tint for day and amber for night time riding.

I wear a full face helmet and have a windscreen so the only purpose they need serve is block the sun and in case of the amber tone down oncoming headlights. Although the amber do work nice on overcast days.

They actually last a decent time but I buy 5 each at a time and stuff them in my bags, they get scratched, stepped on, forgotten or even if you are riding with someone that's whining they forgot their sunglasses just grab a new pair.

Wrap around so they look "stylish" and anyone getting close enough to tell they are nothing but cheap plastic is probably getting more personal than I desire anyway.
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #39 (permalink)

Garage
Tisot with dark amber and clear lenses. Nice sized lense and frame that keeps Too much wind from getting around to dry my balls.

It's important to go with a non-glass shatter-proof material.

Anyone diggin goggles?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #40 (permalink)

Tried them all over the years and not considering the price Wiley X transistions is my first choise. " I have 2 pair " If you have trouble keeping up with your eyeware I don't recommend them. Metal frame glasses down here don't work.
Billy