Lift recommendations please - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #21 (permalink)

I just picked me up a craftsman motorcycle jack for $109.00. Its perfect, and very durable! I know a guy that has had his for over 8 years and it still looks and works like new. Got it from sears, you can order it online too! Heres a picImageUploadedByMotorcycle1354114268.213765.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
GlideWide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
Let fightin dogs lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMIDTYS View Post
I've been using my red Craftsman floor jack for about 9 years with no problems and I use it on many different Harley models. The one problem was the rubber pads coming loose, solved that by drilling some holes and bolting the rubbers to the metal rails with stove bolts.
I too have the Red Craftsman Jack. With store credit and additional coupon I snagged it for $50. Normally I steer clear of craftsman unless it is hand tools and to me this fit in that category so I made the purchase.

It lifts my Sporty and Ultra just fine. Takes a bit of getting used too for single person operation but works fine.

borrowed from gtrman66
Rules:
#1. Post #1: "New to Community"
#2. Buy a HD Service Manual, best $70 you'll spend
#3. Try the search function, we might have already answered your question
#4. Don't post classifieds until you meet the rules
#5. Don't bad mouth dealers until we know you, there are always 2 sides
misinlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Poon Beetle

I first bought one from Cycle Gear on sale (down to $99 from $139) that worked a few times then died. Total PoS, made by Lifan (I think that was the brand - or something similar in spelling). Then I purchased a lift from either Northern or Harbor Freight (whichever one advertises in the cycle mags with the two-page coupon spread). Got it for $60 or $70 and it's worked fine and I've used it many times.

I got these lines in my face, tryin' to straighten out the wrinkles in my life... Ramblin' Jack Elliot/Guy Clark

The sweet bird of youth, was sittin' on my shoulder yesterday, but she's always changin' partners and I always knew she'd up and fly away... Larry Mahan/Guy Clark

Vaya con Dios, Rick "Rubberdown" Massey ~ May you rest in eternal peace
Mongo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlideWide View Post
I just picked me up a craftsman motorcycle jack for $109.00. Its perfect, and very durable! I know a guy that has had his for over 8 years and it still looks and works like new. Got it from sears, you can order it online too! Heres a picAttachment 34626

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
the one i have appears to have the exact same construction but is painted blue and yellow and i think it says Goodyear on it. Bought it at sams club late in 05, and haven't had any problems. My only complaint is that it's just barely low enough to fit under my 1200 custom, but with a good push it goes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
motorcycleCory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Wide=Glide and Rider

I also have the red Craftsman. With a Wide Glide I had to move the pads to the outside with longer bolts and some washers to clear the oil pan hanging down. Works like a charm. Here's a shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (973.1 KB, 67 views)
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

What more can you say. That video sure does say it all. I have sent an email off too see if they ship over here too Australia. Thanks for the heads up guys.
Queensland Chapter #973

Animal aka Rat Fink
Grow Old Disgracefully
Live to Ride : Ride to Live
F.T.W. & H.T.F.U.
Such is Life
"The Herd # 69"
Ozbiker69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

I've looked at the Craftsman red jacks and like them , I'm curious the difference in those compared to the vary similar looking J&S jack.

J&S's video is pretty impressive, I'm wondering if those that have the Craftsman jacks would be comfortable doing all or some of the things there doing in this J&S video , I realize there's $200 + difference in price I'd just like to know that there's a good reason for that difference.

Motorcycle Lift | J&S Jacks - Appleton, Wisconsin
67Duce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #28 (permalink)

I know this thread is a tad old but:

A years ago I hunted for a good/quality lift and found 2 lifts Made in the USA...J&S and Pitbull. Every/all other lifts are rip-offs of these two brands and made in china or some other Pacific rim country.
I bought a J&S to lift my '03FXDL and am very happy with my purchase. Besides these being Made in the USA, the Lifetime Warranty goes with the lift, not the buyer....IOW: whoever has the lift can use the Lifetime Warranty. The transferrable warranty is very important...at least to me.
2003 FXDL Stage1AC, Andrews tensioner upgrade kit, 21N cams, CVP upgrade carb, SE slip-ons, Mustang Vintage solo, Ohlins shocks, Intiminators in forks, Aux light kit, Mustang passenger seat, J&S lift.
Round Rock Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

Garage
I'm rocking the Harbor Freight jack...does everything I need from a jack and hasn't let me down and is very affordable

2013 Wide Glide-
Mods viewed here

CVMA 47-1 Det. A, Sgt. at Arms (USMC)
103rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #30 (permalink)

Lift recommendations please

Bought the Harbor Freight yellow jack for $69.00 a couple of weeks ago and used it this past weekend to remove and replace he wheels on my sportster. It worked like I expected... It even felt a bit more stable than I thought it would too!ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1364262788.534386.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Mad Dog 64 is offline   Reply With Quote