Dyna saddlebags - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Dyna saddlebags

Have have a question and hopefully I can get some ideas. I have a 2007 dyna low rider that I have removed the factory seat and installed a sundowner solo seat. 1st question. I removed the right side foot peg mount and then removed the left side mount but in doing so I have no way of securing the top belt guard as the front mounting tab is part of the L/S peg mount, what to do ? Secound question. Looked at different styles of saddle bags to mount rigidly on the bike. Don't care of throwover type, as seeing the yoke under the solo rack. Is there any nice bags out there that can be fit rigidely to the bike without buying the rear turn signal relocation kit. Geesh until I buy the relocation kit and the harley bags or after market I'll have a small fortune in it. I don't need alot of storage just something to put gloves, maybe a jacket, sweatshirt ect. Looked at solo rack bags, not sure I like having a bag sitting on the solo rack, detracts from the solo look. I did look at the small swingarm bag, but for 229.00 it's nice but not much for the price, and not big enough to really put anything in it, but maybe gloves. Thanks
Ron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Short of throw overs any bag I've looked at requires relocation of the lights.

It may be that the only purpose for your life is to serve as a warning to others.
nipplesurfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, I've pretty much have come to that conclusion,but still not giving up on this just yet.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

solo-bags

Mate also have a FXDL and did not want to relocate indicators so bought bags from link above, hope this helps
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage
oldbiker beat me to it. I was going to recommend Bad&G too. I have one of his Battery bags and really like it. I've been wanting a set of the saddle bags for awhile.

Reading posts (there are a lot at HDForums.com), the overwhelming advice is to get the "hard bags" unless you like the floppy bag look as the leather on the regular bags breaks in after a while. I would agree with that as the top of my battery bag is a little beat up from my leg crushing it as stoplights.

His stuff is well made, reasonably priced and, in my opinion, the best looking stuff on the market. He gets good comments about service too. Just my 2 cents ... and I am not him, for the record.
voudoujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Look at Jafrum.com I get a lot of good quality stuff from them at really good prices.
rubberhead66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks, will check those bags out. I don't want the throw overs or soft bags. I had those before and don't want soft bags. Definitely like the hard type bags, but don't want to relocate the rear turns, but may not have any options. So I may just pass on the saddlebags and get a small solo rack bags. Still looking at my options.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
rubber side down

Nelson-Rigg Spirit-50 Touring Saddlebags - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
These are what I'm using. They are soft but work well. Slips under the seat and has built in fender protectors and no supports are needed. You don't need to relocate the signal lights either. Not waterproof, as they have zipper top closures, but are inexpensive and hold a good amount of stuff. Never take mine off the bike, now.. tomp
tomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

I got the Leather pros. Pricy but good bags. The mounting is pretty much invisable with the bags off. the small optional bags didnt work on my bike cuz of the turn signals.

What do I look like, An idiot?
bikeme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

I have a 2012 Wide Glide, I felt like saddlebags for me was not the way to go. Instead I got a T-Bag, sissybar mount bag, that offers just as much storage and space if not more. Here is a couple pics. I also, like you, did not want to relocate turn signals and license plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1350625952.917340.jpg (198.9 KB, 61 views)
GlideWide is offline   Reply With Quote