Adding to my 2012 Wide Glide. - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Captain Dave

Adding to my 2012 Wide Glide.

When I bought my WD I knew I would ride primarily solo so I didn't buy the Switchback with all the extras. Well, as it turns out I need to get a sissy bar, luggage rack, bigger seat, windshield, and more. My wife has joined me on the rides and this is a good thing but I am blown away over the cost of the added gear to make her comfy. My only saving for my sanity on spending is everything will be quick release and I will ride my boulevard blaster stripped down as it should be.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
Tramp55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
VA Fender Bender

Garage
it is good that your bride wants to go along.
dmwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ran into the same exact thing with my 12 WG. Instead of quick release I went with taller sissybar and luggage rack, bought a saddlemans sissybar bag and I must say I am very impressed with the amount of storage. Heres a pic of my set up, if you want to see the bag to just let me know and I will get u some more pics. No relocating turn signals or license plate either......
-Jared
GlideWide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry, forgot to attach the pics. I do have a sidekick seat available as well for your 2012 WG It is in very good cond.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
GlideWide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
2014 FLHXS

Garage
Don't forget to look at non-HD parts. There are some really nice ones out there that are just as high quality at much lower cost.
Wrgiacona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just picked my SG, and I thought about the rider when I bought mine. The rider doesn't happen ver often, but when I need to I can. I got the sissy bar when I bought mine. It works out great as I can strap my lunch box to it on rides to work. I don't feel it takes anything away fom the bike so I didn't get a quick release. I couldn't see the point as I have no intention on taking it off.

I called the dealer today, and my bags are in...The taillight relocation kit however is not. Did they have to ship it in from China? I WANT MY BAGS! It would be nice to have an actual place for my gloves, a bottle of water for pit stops, and for stopping at the store on the way home for a loaf of bread or what ever.

My wife likes my brothers foot pegs on his Harley as they are like mini boards. I like them too, but they cost $110 a pair, and I will need two pair. I REALLY like the T-bars on my brothers bike as well. I will have them. I know that will set me back a couple hundred bucks.

I still have the stock pipes too. They are fine except when I ride with others. I can't hear my bike then as all I can hear is everybody elses bikes. I do like the sound of the SE pipes. Not too loud, and good tone. Another $275-$300...or more.

I still gotta get my wife leather.

This is really getting ugly. I may have to take a second mortgage on my house.
Hunt/fish 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt/fish 365 View Post
I just picked my SG, and I thought about the rider when I bought mine. The rider doesn't happen ver often, but when I need to I can. I got the sissy bar when I bought mine. It works out great as I can strap my lunch box to it on rides to work. I don't feel it takes anything away fom the bike so I didn't get a quick release. I couldn't see the point as I have no intention on taking it off.

I called the dealer today, and my bags are in...The taillight relocation kit however is not. Did they have to ship it in from China? I WANT MY BAGS! It would be nice to have an actual place for my gloves, a bottle of water for pit stops, and for stopping at the store on the way home for a loaf of bread or what ever.

My wife likes my brothers foot pegs on his Harley as they are like mini boards. I like them too, but they cost $110 a pair, and I will need two pair. I REALLY like the T-bars on my brothers bike as well. I will have them. I know that will set me back a couple hundred bucks.

I still have the stock pipes too. They are fine except when I ride with others. I can't hear my bike then as all I can hear is everybody elses bikes. I do like the sound of the SE pipes. Not too loud, and good tone. Another $275-$300...or more.

I still gotta get my wife leather.

This is really getting ugly. I may have to take a second mortgage on my house.
I bought a pair of universals for my Sportster and my buddy out the sme pair on his fat boy ..

Amazon.com: BKrider Mini Floorboard Kit for Harley-Davidson: Automotive Amazon.com: BKrider Mini Floorboard Kit for Harley-Davidson: Automotive
these are the ones i got

You are just the bullseye in the center
Marknett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

both of us set them up for passenger boards

You are just the bullseye in the center
Marknett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Marknett...Those pegs don't look too bad.

Right now my bike is pretty much parked. Cold (and a hurricane) is setting in right now. I ride when I can, but not as much as I would like. As the bike is for now is fine. Actually better than fine really.

I'm doing some shopping for now. I'm in no hurry to buy anything. I'm going to stop at a few bike shops too. Even though I can save a bit of cash buying online I like to actually "see" what I'm buying, and I like to support small business when I can.
Hunt/fish 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Captain Dave

Just ordered all the clap trap to support a passenger, the good wife. After the ride last Saturday the back rest is a must, her words so she is down with the purchase. We were riding along and she thought I was going to break but I got on the gas and felt her knees raise up a little too high, thought she was going off the back. Since I started this thread, one off the wall question, how do I get a picture next to my name when I do a post?

Captain Dave
Tramp55 is offline   Reply With Quote