Turn signal relocation - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Turn signal relocation

Not sure if this was touched on before. I didn't feel like doing the search after what I just went though...

I picked up a new 2013 SG a few weeks ago. The dealer was supposed to do the install on the bags, but it has gotten a bit too cold to ride it there. I figured if I can replace the engine in my car I can mount bags on a bike. HOW HARD CAN IT BE?

My bike is a FXDC. After tearing my bike apart, and realizing parts aren't fitting right the box say's FXDB. It fits the frame of my bike, but doesn't fit over the chrome. Not a HUGE deal but the shocks have to come off to remove that.

I was looking a HD website, and it said I had to relocate the turn signals. It pointed out what it needed as well. It wasn't what the dealer gave me. HD advised a mount that attaches to your lisence plate. That is what I thought I was getting. I got some junk black painted staulks that I would have to zip tie the wires to. Who the hell came up with that?

So....I put it all back together incase we get a decent day to ride.

Tuesday I have to go back to the dealer. Hope that all goes well.

At first I had some issues with the wiring instructions. I youtubes the procedure, and everything I saw was mounting to either the break light or lisence plate. Any insite from anybody out there?
Hunt/fish 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

I used a layback kit, p/n 60215-06

It may be that the only purpose for your life is to serve as a warning to others.
nipplesurfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipplesurfer View Post
I used a layback kit, p/n 60215-06

It may be that the only purpose for your life is to serve as a warning to others.
Yup. That is the part that came up on HD bike builder.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt/fish 365 View Post
Yup. That is the part that came up on HD bike builder.
Guess I don't understand the issue- if you have that kit it's a pretty straightforward install. Routing the wiring through the fender works best if you put some dish soap on the wires, but there are no other "tricks".

nipplesurfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

They gave me a kit that mount to the frame. It doesn't fit my bike. I was thinking I was supposed to get the kit that you referenced but I didn't.

I put the bike back together, and will have to take the kit they sold me back to the dealer. Hopefully they make it right without any issues.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Never replaced an engine in a car but this kit can be a pain in the butt. Took me a couple of hours in the garage at work with limited tools. Probably would have went smother had I went home to do it where all the GOOD tools were, lol.
acpd22 is offline   Reply With Quote