Dyna Fat Bob2013 Screamin' Eagle mufflers - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Dyna Fat Bob2013 Screamin' Eagle mufflers

Gidday all. Hoping too pick up a 2013 model Fat Bob very soon and have been looking at pipe options. Was considering V&H Big Radius but am now swayed toward the stock headers with the Screamin' Eagle Street performance staggered dual mufflers. Adding the Heavy Breather air cleaner setup as well. Anyone done similar. Would appreciate your owner/rider feedback..
Queensland Chapter #973

Animal aka Rat Fink
Grow Old Disgracefully
Live to Ride : Ride to Live
F.T.W. & H.T.F.U.
Such is Life
"The Herd # 69"
Ozbiker69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 02:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

My 2008 Dyna Custom came with Screaming Eagle 2 mufflers and the Heavy breather, It also has the race tuner and runs clean and strong. It has been fitted with 103cui kit. The SE2 mufflers are a bit too quiet for me tho so I ordered some V&H Straight shot slipons yesterday. The SE2 have a nice sound I just want a bit more volume. Good luck with the Fat Bob Oz .
Old 11-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Jimmy Jazz. Will have too check out the sound from them i think. But have been told you can't go past the stock headers for overall performance..
Queensland Chapter #973

Animal aka Rat Fink
Grow Old Disgracefully
F.T.W. & H.T.F.U.
Such is Life
"The Herd # 69"
Old 11-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
The other white meat

Ozbiker! Good to see you again man. Been a looong time.
My 09 FXDF has the SE muffs. They are mild sounding IMO and now that they have several thousand miles on em, they are a little better sounding but still mild IMO.
I got no complaints about them tho. I like to be able to hear me engine run and more importantly to me is being able to hear if something is starting to go south in it.
Even tho I will probably change out the exhaust one of these days I still wouldn't want anything super loud for the reason I stated.
Hopefully you can find someone whos using them so you can make a decision about all that. kind of a personal choice i reckons.
Fun bike man, the newer ones with the bigger engine should be even more fun.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Gidday StoneCrab. Yep been a while.. Been Goat Herding and Poultry farming here in Sunny OZ. Will be a big step up from the old faithful 86 Softail that is for sure.
Queensland Chapter #973

Animal aka Rat Fink
Grow Old Disgracefully
F.T.W. & H.T.F.U.
Such is Life
"The Herd # 69"
Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hello Ozbiker69, It's getting cold here in Pennsylvania,USA. It's probably getting nice for you folks down under. Anyway, to answer your question, I have the Screaming Eagle slip on mufflers on my 2008 dyna super glide custom (96 c.u.i. engine) and the stage 1 breather. To me the set up is perfect, great sound (loud but not obnoxious)so it won't wake up the neighbors when you come home from the pub late at night. It has great acceleration and cost less to install. I would recommend the S.Eagle heat shields on slip ons to cut down on any unwanted burns. Good luck my friend, and let us know how you made out.
QDZ2HC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

I was just at the dealer today to pick up some parts, and I asked them about a different exhaust on my 2013 SG. He asked me how I wanted the sound, and I told him I liked the pipes on my brothers 2004 Softail with Sreming Eagle pipes. He told me they got REAL quiet this past year. Apparently they had to go 50 state legal, and they sound about the same as stock pipes. A tiny bit different, but only if you heard them side by side.

I wanted to get slip ons for now that didn't require a bunch of mods. He suggested Vans & Hines for my bike. They would be a tiny bit louder than the Sreaming Eagles from days gone by. Said there wasn't a bunch of options that didn't require recalibration.

From what my dealer said as long as I kept the same configuration in regards to the crossover pipe, and kept the baffles in no mods would be required.

I asked how much performance I could expect with a full exhaust and breather upgrade. The answer was "minimal". You have to spend some $$$ to get much more performance than stock.
Hunt/fish 365 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you Hunt/fish 365 for the info.. Have heard much the same here..
QDZ2HC Yes it is really great riding weather here in Queensland at present. Hope too have this one all sorted out soon and will be posting pics of the new one as soon as i get it. One thing about a Harley is the available options..
Queensland Chapter #973

Animal aka Rat Fink
Grow Old Disgracefully
F.T.W. & H.T.F.U.
Such is Life
"The Herd # 69"
Old 02-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

I might be a bit late on this response fpor ya but I put those pipes on my 2012 FXDF and they dragged on slight corners and didn't sound much better than the stock pipes....I changed to V& H slip ons, much better!
EJG V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.