Dumb things just happen sometimes. Time to tell your story. - Page 5 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #41 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Garage
This summer, I was at the Carlisle Bike Fest, I decided to have a vendor install Rinehart True Duals and a PCIII. After finishing up with that and lowering the lift, I remembered that I was missing the screw that holds the seat on, the vendor had some nice chrome knob screws for $25 so I decided to purchase one and put it on at the same time. The threads in the fender were all gummed up so we raised the bike up to a comfortable height to run a thread chaser through the threads. We were talking the whole time and I forgot that I had opened the tour pack to retrieve some item out of it and forgot to close the lid. As the lift was going up I noticed that the bike had started to lean to the left, I asked, "Hey did someone loosen the wheel bracket up front?" No sooner did the words leave my mouth than we heard a loud crack and the bike straightened right back up. The damn lid was pushing up against the top rail of the tent and the pressure finally got the better of the tour pack. It cracked from top to bottom just forward of the front lid hinge.

The vendor offered to help pay for the damages because neither of us had caught that the lid was open. I couldn't, in good conscience make him pay a penny toward the repair because if I hadn't been talking to him and distracting him from his work this wouldn't have happened. But I did feel really dumb for leaving the tour pack lid up... Fortunately, when I got home I found a good local paint and body guy who repaired and repainted it for $250, Harley wanted $1130 for a new one.

Lesson learned, shut up, stay out of the way and let the techs do their jobs... Wost part is, my brother owns a garage and I know this already. Oh well, some lessons need to be re-taught...
The object in life is not to arrive in a pristine well taken care of body; rather it is to slide in sideways, body thoroughly used up, a drink in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming "That was one HELL of a ride!!!"
Tom31w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #42 (permalink)
Flat Land Redneck

Took a girl home for an old room mate. Unbeknownst to me she was married. Her husband met us in the front yard. It was not pretty. Then or when I got my hands on my room mate. That was just wrong!
Old Coot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #43 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
This just happened.

The toilet wasn't done flushing yet when I bent over and dipped my tie right in the turd water.

Guess I get to buy a new tie today!
Diezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #44 (permalink)
Hit it she goes boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWendtinc View Post
This just happened.

The toilet wasn't done flushing yet when I bent over and dipped my tie right in the turd water.
Well, today is Turds day.... or is that Thursday???

"Give her full throttle till ya see God... then back off"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
Golds bike sounds like a 66' Chevelle. It's amazing.
GotGold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #45 (permalink)

I was out riding my FXDB all day and it was in the middle of a Texas Summer so I was fairly tired. I park the bike in the garage, I pull the key out and wasn't paying attention and slightly dragged it across my tank and put a real nice 2 inch cut into it. I look down and said... s$%#!
HDFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
This just happened.

Freeking funny.
scspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #47 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Garage
Quote:
This just happened.

That's just sh!tty...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
The object in life is not to arrive in a pristine well taken care of body; rather it is to slide in sideways, body thoroughly used up, a drink in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming "That was one HELL of a ride!!!"
Tom31w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
icy
Padawan

Garage
Speed bumps do work!
This did not happen to me, and hopefully after seeing this will not happen to anybody on this forum as well. A picture is worth a thousand words, so a short clip is worth like a lifetime nagging or something. Watch out for them speed bumps folks.

Mexico City police officer misses speed bump | Daily Buzz - Yahoo! News Canada

PS: I am not sure if this post is the correct location for this; to me this is pretty dumb - hence the post. But if you say "dude, what the?!? take your post else-where" I shall do so
icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #49 (permalink)

The crazy things we do!
I used to be bad for getting off the bike before putting the kick stand out.
I think it took three goes before I started to remember.
Glad the engine bars were always there to protect me and it also went down slowly once I got off the bike. Shit happens,,,