Lowest seat? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Lowest seat?

Does anyone know of a seat that 1: is the lowest, and brings you the furthest toward for a Dyna super glide?
I'm 5'2" and could use it a bit lower and closer to the forward pegs.

2004 Dyna SuperGlide
Silver and shiny.
RicManSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Furthest forward. Sry for the typo.

2004 Dyna SuperGlide
Silver and shiny.
RicManSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

There is a Reach Seat from HD, I tried it when I first bought bike, not confy at all, try a used StreetBob solo seat, or 11" rear shocks will do trick.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
TGPNW

Find a custom seat builder / upholster in your local area and have them fit the seat to your size and needs.
93horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you can ride out to hollister, ca or Daytona, fl...visit Corbin seat, they will fit you and you can test ride the seat and with your new seat same day,

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
totowrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Not just the lowest; also look at the front of the saddle to see how narrow it is. Makes a big difference in touching the ground at stops.

A Vintage Wide Mustang on my FXDC is way wider for support, but very narrow up front.

At 5' 2", you will be way more comfortable with mids than forwards IMHO.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Just Ride

Danny Gray butt crack is what is on my wifes Dyna. She's your height and she can stop flat footed. Lowest I've found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Motorcycle.com Free App
2010 FLTRX Wimmer Better Sucker,Stage 1,Xied's,no cat,fatstick with open end cap. 2004 Dyna Lowrider Harley Heavy Breather,Stage 1,Screaming Eagle mufflers.1996 FXDS-CONV S&S E.Screaming Eagle ignition,V&H Short shots. 1978 Strokershovel Lowrider 100 inches. 1974 Suzuki GT750 Lemans (Water Buffalo)
FritzHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ride Hard

Highly recommend lowering the bike as much as possible without compromising handling. That mean no lowering block. Then see how you fit the bike. After lowering the bike look for a lower seat (if still needed). I have a short inseam and have been down this road a few time. Your going to spend several hours in the saddle you need a good seat. Shave to much of the seat and your not going to enjoy those long rides. Look at a good pair of riding boots. If you loose a little in the suspension, a little in the seat, and wrap up with a good boot. Follow these rule and end up very happy.

You can't make up for shortness with one extreme modification.
DSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Highly recommend lowering the bike as much as possible without compromising handling.

That is a tough one. These bikes throw sparks, especially to the right, pretty easy. Even if you are not an aggressive rider you may need whatever lean angle there is now in an emergency; lowering will reduce lean angle.

Try the seat first and then lower if you must. Act like you are buying a seat from them and perhaps your local H-D Dealer can help at their "Fit Shop". Worth a try.

Riding boots was a great suggestion; thicker sole and heel.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
2014 FLHXS

Garage
At 5'2" unless you are all legs I just don't see you being able to use the forward controls. I'm 5'8" with a 32" inseam and I certainly can't use the standard ones and can just barley use the reduced reach forward controls.

I'd seriously look at using the mids.
Wrgiacona is offline   Reply With Quote