Potential Purchase 1st Harley... - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Welcome from SC.
longhornsjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Garage
Congrats on the bike. I have a '12 Wide Glide, my first bike. It has been a great experience learning to ride. I 6'1" so I know how you feel. I have an engine guard with highway pegs, being able to put my feet up on long rides is awesome. Have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

"What, me worry?" -Alfred E. Neuman
Pappa P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks guys pics soon!

JTR
03geetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010hdultra View Post
Welcome. If ive learned one thing its this, some buy bikes to ride, but most people i know buy them to look good in the garage and so they can ride to the bars on the weekend and say yup thats my harley outside. Me on the other.hand are folish enough to ride it to work when its 35 outside. Lol just change all the fluids which the dealer should do when they took it in. And put a battery tender on it and you should be ok. Good luck and keep the shiny side up.
I'm just as foolish as you are, if it ain't raining, I'm riding.

But agreed with everyone else. Bought my '11 used from a dealership and they pretty gave me the history of it while waiting for them to complete a recall on it. One previous owner and very well taking care of. Anyway, good choice on the gauge, seems like everyone has good thoughts on it. Guess after Christmas I'll go ahead and pick mine up too haha.

Welcome aboard from central Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
D1W1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
JPR

Garage
Oh man, you missed the warm weather up here by 1 week. But the excitment of the new bike will keep you warm for a few miles.

Get layers chaps or insulated underware. Leather jacket, helmet with bubble shield and very warm gloves. A ski mask (balaklava) will getyou those extra miles comfortably.

We had a warm winter last year and it was my first year back in the saddle so I was fortunate enough to ride more than expected.

Enjoy these first few months as they are special, (but they're almost all good).
Even riding in the rain (for less than an hour) can be fun (get a rain suit and saddle bags)

welcome to the group from the souther tip of Lake Mich

65 Italian scooter
66 305 Rice burner; NO PROBLEMS
67 650 English Bike; MAJOR PROBLEMS
1968/XLCH - lots of mods; loved it for 11 years; NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS
2012 Heritage 103 Rush 2.0 pipes "MAMBO #5"
bought all brand new except scooter

There's a picture of the sportster after all the mods in my images file. Check out my favorite target with a 45 Kimber at 25 ft on an 8.5 x 11 picture.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #16 (permalink)

Welcome from Bristol,CT.
ctspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

Garage
Welcome and enjoy. It's a balmy 39. Perfectfor trying out my heated jacket liner.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

I ride a 2010 Street Bob and I'm 5-7 and bolted an HD 2-inch bar riser, so that the bars pull back a little more. And I am almost cramped.
That said, I would think that someone your height would certainly feel cramped.
This bike just has a small "cockpit."
Other than that, it's a fun, lightweight Harley.
The relationship between the seat and the bars and the pegs is just not large.
thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

So far I love the fit, my feet are out front, the mustang seat keeps me low, and the mini apes are set just right. For my first Harley I love this bike!

JTR
03geetee is offline   Reply With Quote