TSSM to TSM - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Dyna General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

To complicate matters, I believe the 2006 ECU is a one-year only ECU. I know it is for the Touring model, but I believe it is also for the Dyna models.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

Well my security issues started after year 2 with the bike. There was a hairline crack in the TSSM ( don't know how it got there) and water from washing got in and after much troubleshooting it was a goner = $200 later...Next while out on a ride the key fob batt checked out = stuck. Then had a minor short in the ignition switch which conveniently discharged my battery while at work for 10 hours = stuck again...Lets say I'm not a big fan of the TSSM. Most recently I found some corrosion behind my electrical caddy and while I'm tearing stuff up I thought I'd look into replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
jacksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
2014 FLHXS

Garage
Quote:
Next while out on a ride the key fob batt checked out = stuck
That's why I keep a spare key fob battery in the bike. And when mine went out it wasn't an all at once thing. I had several days of the bike not seeing the fob unless I got it close to the unit before it died.

I don't see how the short in the ignition can be blamed on the security system but maybe I'm missing something.

As far as the crack it could have been some other part that got cracked and left yo stuck.
Wrgiacona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #14 (permalink)

I started carrying a spare battery right after that experience. When the battery goes dead the TSSM had to be re- synced with the FOB. Just was a pain.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Well I went ahead and ordered the TSM unit. I'll report my findings after I swap them out.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Hey All, Received the regular TSM module and was able to swap them out without a trip to the dealer for any reprogramming. The procedure for the process takes some time so there's really no possibility of someone doing this to steal a bike. Attached is the process step by step for those who might want to abort the alarm.

Good news if if I want to reinstall it for another owner down the road its not a problem
Attached Files
File Type: pdf password.pdf (5.5 KB, 39 views)
Old 12-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Retired citizen

Hmmmm ! Sorry for my misinformation, I never had to do it that way. I always had access to scanalyzer and digital tech.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #18 (permalink)

No problem SCHMIDTYS I'm glad I own factory service manuals otherwise I'd be sunk doing projects like that. After some web surfing on the topic it seems there's others not in love with the alarm system. I know it seems crazy to get rid of it but I'm really never away from my machine these days for very long and I still always put on my disc lock when I am. And I kind of agree with what my dad always said "If they want it they'll find a way to get it"

Do you own the Digital Tech??

Old 12-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Retired citizen

No digital tech, that's propriety to the H-D shop and not available to the public. I've got a scanalyzer and Daytona software on my shop laptop.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

tssm to tsm

Yes, you can exchange your tssm with a tsm yourself with dealership assistance. Follow jacksdad instructions...works like a charm, i have done this and now good to go.
hdfatbob is offline   Reply With Quote