Finding and resetting security codes. - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Electrical

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Luke 22:36

Garage
To reset the code with a TSSM equipped bike (with button fob), you will:
1) Set your kill switch to off
2) Quickly turn the ignition switch on, off, on, off, on
3) Immediately press and let go of the left turn signal switch twice (press, let go, press, let go)
4) Press and let go of your fob button twice (press fairly hard, it's designed to resist being pressed by keys and whatnot in your pocket)
5) Current PIN number will be displayed on odometer
6) Change the PIN by pressing the left signal until the desired number is reached
7) Press the fob button twice to cycle to the next number and repeat step 7
8) Press and let go the right signal and turn ignition off when 5 digit PIN is satisfactory
NOTE: Steps 2 through 4 must be completed in quick succession of each other.

Now you can have the bike armed, and disarm with the PIN (example PIN will be 25522 in the following steps):
1) Ignition switch to Accessories
2) Immediately press both turn signals at the same time (red key light on you speedometer will flash rapidly if done right)
3) Press and let go the left signal 2 times
4) Press and let go the right signal once
5) Press and let go the left signal 5 times
6) Press and let go the right signal once
7) Repeat for each of the last three numbers of the PIN (left 5 times, right once, left 2 times, right once, left 2 times, right once)
8) Red key on speedo will stop blinking if done right (security has been disarmed)
NOTE: Steps 2 through 7 must be completed in quick succession of each other.

To reset the code with a HFSM equipped bike (no button fob), you will:
1) Have your key fob near the bike
2) Set your kill switch to off
3) Quickly turn the ignition switch on, off, on, off, on
4) Immediately press and let go of the left turn signal switch twice (press, let go, press, let go)
5) Press and let go the right signal once
6) Current PIN number will be displayed on odometer
7) Change the PIN by pressing the left signal until the desired number is reached
8) Press the right signal to cycle to the next number and repeat step 7
9) Turn ignition off when 5 digit PIN is satisfactory
NOTE: Steps 3 through 5 must be completed in quick succession of each other.

Now you can have the bike armed, and disarm with the PIN (example PIN will be 25522 in the following steps):
1) Ignition switch to on
2) Immediately press both turn signals at the same time (red key light on you speedometer will flash rapidly if done right)
3) Press and let go the left signal 2 times
4) Press and let go the right signal once
5) Press and let go the left signal 5 times
6) Press and let go the right signal once
7) Repeat for each of the last three numbers of the PIN (left 5 times, right once, left 2 times, right once, left 2 times, right once)
8) Red key on speedo will stop blinking if done right (security has been disarmed)
NOTE: Steps 2 through 7 must be completed in quick succession of each other.
Best 1/4 MPH 108.59
Kainam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage
So, this past weekend I got around to going through this. I got the code re-set easily enough. The process outlined above is spot on.

But, I figured I would attempt to actually accomplish the alarm override as practice in the event that I need to attempt it one day. So, I shut off the the ignition, arm the alarm and then start through the process. Every time I switch on the ignition and depress the two signal buttons, the alarm goes off.

Is this normal? That is, should the alarm be sounding all the while I am attempting to disarm it?

I have an '04 softail. It has the older, push-button style alarm. I may be incorrect, but I believe that the siren is an add-on. That may be why it is not mentioned in the procedure.

Thanks,

Charles

Last edited by chasarms; 01-16-2012 at 04:02 PM.
chasarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasarms View Post
So, this past weekend I got around to going through this. I got the code re-set easily enough. The process outlined above is spot on.

But, I figured I would attempt to actually accomplish the alarm override as practice in the event that I need to attempt it one day. So, I shut off the the ignition, arm the alarm and then start through the process. Every time I switch on the ignition and depress the two signal buttons, the alarm goes off.

Is this normal? That is, should the alarm be sounding all the while I am attempting to disarm it?

I have an '04 softail. It has the older, plus-button style alarm. I may be incorrect, but I believe that the siren is an add-on. That may be why it is not mentioned in the procedure.

Thanks,

Charles
The alarm will activate if the procedure isn't done quick enough, or if your fob battery is weak.

Correct....the siren is an add-on.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
'10 Street Glide

Location: The great Northeast, where riding's a challenge half the year
Garage
I nearly cracked my screen, swatting at that bug! LOL!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
The alarm will activate if the procedure isn't done quick enough, or if your fob battery is weak.

Correct....the siren is an add-on.

Thanks Dave.

It must require cat-like reflexes. I had to be pushing both buttons within a couple of seconds of switching it on.

May I assume you are not talking about the 3V C2032 FOB battery, (as the point the override procedure is that you are either without the FOB or it is dead), but rather the 9V NiMH re-chargeable that is in the siren?

I hope that procedure for replacement is somewhere in the service manual, as I have no idea where that battery is located.

Charles
Old 01-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasarms View Post
Thanks Dave.

It must require cat-like reflexes. I had to be pushing both buttons within a couple of seconds of switching it on.

May I assume you are not talking about the 3V C2032 FOB battery, (as the point the override procedure is that you are either without the FOB or it is dead), but rather the 9V NiMH re-chargeable that is in the siren?

I hope that procedure for replacement is somewhere in the service manual, as I have no idea where that battery is located.

Charles
I am talking about the c2032 battery, however, I just realized you're doing the reset, sans the fob, so that battery is a mute point.

However, I also know that doing it manually without the fob is still a pain, and quickness is key. Too boot..... I keep a copy of that procedure in my wallet, because I can't remember it to save my life.

For anyone using their fob, keep in mind the "antenna" for the fob receiver is in the left front turnsignal. Pointing the fob at the back of the bike sometimes takes more then one try.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
. . . For anyone using their fob, keep in mind the "antenna" for the fob receiver is in the left front turnsignal. Pointing the fob at the back of the bike sometimes takes more then one try.
What is the antenna lead that comes off the siren do? Is that for the pager that I don't have?

When I bought my bike it was dangling loose and had been pinched (by the swing arm maybe?) It had places where the insulation was eroded, etc. It was pretty beat up.

I taped it up where the wire was frayed, fished it back up into the area under the seat and zipped it in with the other wires when I installed my PC-III. Everything seems to work ok with the alarm system. So I haven't worried about it much.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

Yes...... that's (antenna) for the pager, for the Smart Siren. The last 6"-8" or so (after the bump in the wire) is the actual antenna part, and should never touch metal. That's why they kit includes velcro, to that part of the wire can be "insulated" yet securely mounted between the male/female parts of the velcro.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Yes...... that's (antenna) for the pager, for the Smart Siren. The last 6"-8" or so (after the bump in the wire) is the actual antenna part, and should never touch metal. That's why they kit includes velcro, to that part of the wire can be "insulated" yet securely mounted between the male/female parts of the velcro.
Don't allow it to touch metal because it will not work well or because it will short something out? I'm not using a pager, but I don't want to damage the alarm.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
bud

2008 factory Ultra code is 1-2-3-4-5 if you havn't -

Changed to a personal code . If you have a bad memory leave it to factory code . I think best is your birthday . Like 0-6-1-6-4- don't worry about the last # because you'll never get to it as the security will clear an you're be ready to ride when you hit the inter button on # 5 intry # . Buy a any barrell key for the gas cap an ride with security anywhere . My Thoughts Bud
bud is offline   Reply With Quote