Originally Posted by Gcente
Evidently an apology is in order for my grammar (or lack there of). Cut me some slack. I was using my phone to convey a lot of info. I was at my frustration peak sitting on my garage floor. So, like dang man, I apologize for my error(s). Thank you all very much for the help. I will put your insight to use tomorrow.
Sorry man I didn't mean to give you heat . And like Dave said , you typed all that on your phone ...
On '04 and up Sportsters there's a specific procedure for removing and reinstalling the battery and if not followed will result in the battery negative cable loosening up at the terminal every time .
1) Remove the battery hold down strap .
2) Remove positive cable from terminal .
3) Disconnect negative cable from the top of trans .
4) Slide battery out pulling the negative cable with it .
5) Tighten negative cable to battery terminal with cable pointing down.
6) Start battery into place feeding negative cable back in and down to trans .
7) Reconnect positive cable to terminal and install hold down strap .
8) Reconnect negative cable to top of trans .