EVO noise?? hurting my checkbook - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Engine

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
View Poll Results: Evo engine swap
Harley Davidson program? 1 25.00%
Indy rebuild? 0 0%
J&P cycles engine 1 25.00%
other 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

what exactly is the noise you are getting? and ( i must have missed it) what cam did you put in?
I have an Andrews ev46, and my motor is a bit noisier now than when I had the stock (wanna be) cam
Rockerbox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Designated *******

Garage
Yea I have the ev46, The noise is hard to pin point, Like I said I had an Independent Mechanic shop put the stethescope on it and he said it was in the rocker boxes, another said my Primary, and an old friend said the bottom end. It is more like a clatter as opposed to a tick. The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards the pushrod adjustment. I won't be Home till Wednesday, will preobably work on it Thursday. I will keep ya'll posted!! Thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Designated *******

Garage
Hi!! I adjusted the pushrods as per ya'lls guidance and I have to tell you I hear a very noticable difference. I have more confidence now riding it!! I even washed her up and put a lil lipstick on the old Hog!! Brought back a good feeling and now i will focus on some dress-up and I will put a metal breather in the cam chest here shortly, I will let ya'll know what I got going on, cause I'm gone to need some guidance when I try and get the sound system up, but that may be a while, Again Thanks for the help !!!!! HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Guitar NOT Gator

Congrats! Feels good when things like that work out.

Lez Bon temps roullette

Or something like that.

Gone but not forgotten....
2001 Road Glide, 2006 VRSCR, 1996 Buell S2T, 1987 XL883 Hugger, 1980 GL1100, 1987 Suzuki Intruder 700, 1978 Honda Hawk 400
....and....
1995 FLHT "Geezer Glide" 127k miles - RIP (1997-2010)

http://www.doolinband.com - the band!

Dr. Rick "Superman" Doolin 1970-2014. Miss you bro.
gtrman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Luke 22:36

Garage
Bony knee!
Best 1/4 MPH 108.59
Kainam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Designated *******

Garage
Here is a follow up, after a few months of riding it, I found my noise. It was coming from the starter clutch. It was giving me problems back then like not engageing all the way. Well it finally went out completely. I installed a new clutch and the noise is gone completely. i learned a lesson from this and that is, don't be too quick to throw a bunch of parts and money at something that is not really a problem. Ride that mutha and the ugly beast will show it's face eventually!! Thanks Ya'll!!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Garage
Sound advice man...
The object in life is not to arrive in a pristine well taken care of body; rather it is to slide in sideways, body thoroughly used up, a drink in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming "That was one HELL of a ride!!!"
Tom31w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #28 (permalink)

We recently had a 1993 FLHS here, with only 17,800 miles on it, that had a noise that puzzled us momentarily.
Turned out to be the wrist pin bushing/pin fitment on the female(rear) rod.
Removed/installed/sized new bushing, and is back in service.
Scott
Old 11-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanblanchard View Post
Here is a follow up, after a few months of riding it, I found my noise. It was coming from the starter clutch. It was giving me problems back then like not engageing all the way. Well it finally went out completely. I installed a new clutch and the noise is gone completely. i learned a lesson from this and that is, don't be too quick to throw a bunch of parts and money at something that is not really a problem. Ride that mutha and the ugly beast will show it's face eventually!! Thanks Ya'll!!
Sometimes that is the best way to go....

webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote