99 EVO street port - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Engine

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

im not going to knock what your porter knows, but i would try and find out what exactly he wants to do to your heads, like valve size, and as stated prior...what flow numbers and at what test rate, if you are using the cv still and have a 195 main im willing to guess (if jetted properly) you are making 80hp right now, plus or minus a couple

let us know what you find out...impretty curious like others
Old 11-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauss View Post
The Hemispherical head design was developed by Chrysler in the 40's - first for their airplane engine- then later for use in automobiles.

The original Chrysler Hemi engines: creation of the "double rocker" dynamos
That would push an engineer from that era easily into his 90's. I highly doubt this guy designed the original hemi heads.
99FLHRCI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodrag1320 View Post
does this "porter" have the initials "SBC"?he`s about the only guy i could see making such statements,real jerk
I don't know any thing other what I mentioned in my first post, a nick name. I too have questions to my friends info and I've searched for hints to get me to this info, I've turned up nothing. One reason I gave the little info I did, I hoped someone new of him. I also left out more of what I was told, because I really don't want to spread bad info. But gave enough in hope someone recognized him to verify it.

I did text someone I know that used to live in Waterloo, he said, older guy well respected for his work. My two friends that got theirs done by him before me, told me be patient he's so busy it takes a while to get them back. Both had their heads done after the other mods and both said very noticeable difference.

I'll try to remember to give a report when I get them back. But it will be on a nice day this winter before I will be able to ride it. My guess is I'll get my bike back in march.

I forgot to say, my friend originally from Waterloo said he was old school mopar, I never mentioned to him what I was told about him. I'm sure things got exaggerated by my friends but at least I can tie him to being a mopar lover lol.

My wrench only knows what he was told by this guys friend, the first set of heads he installed by this mans work, and the fact the heads work! That's why he sent the second set to him now mine. My wrench never questioned his past, he knew his product worked. He did install larger intake valves in the first two, TC 88's.

And my wrench told me the valves size will not be changed in mine. Ive been saying friends, when in fact their brothers.

I'm courious to know more myself. It may take a while but I will. For now I know my heads are in good hands. I've seen the results.
Softail99fb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

I know it's not much to go on as far as past history, I did find comfort in this mopar forum to at least know the guy doing my heads is respected. Notice the nick name "radar" used in the 4th post. And Waterloo Iowa.

Slant Six Forum, :: View topic - Machine shops near Waterloo, IA
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Garage
I think folks here are just advising you to be cautious- Mopar heads and Harley heads are 2 completely different animals. Best of luck with your build, hope it all works out for ya!
chauss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

There is some confusion by some, I said built Original Chrysler hemi heads not designed. Read my first post it clearly said built, not designed. I build underground boring equipment but I did not design it.

He does all heads, pulling tractors as well as motorcycle. I trust a brother to tell me something as he knows it. As far as the head I was told he designed, that's what I'm searching for, It's motorcycle. But I'm afraid to say who's I want proof first. So I supose I should have left that out.

I got my road name because of my persistence to find things out. Just give me time I won't fabricate anything. At least I can connect him to mopar!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Deleting double post

Last edited by Softail99fb; 11-06-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Wifi signal was lost hit post again resulting in double post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

Read down until you read about "radar" I'm very comfortable now. So far I've at least been able to put some kind of connection to this man and what I was told, how deep into the connection?

Buell Motorcycle Forum: Head gasket leak

Last edited by Softail99fb; 11-06-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
nitro freak

hope everything works out for you.for one,porting technoligy has changed drasticly over the years & two,technoligy for nitro dragrace & street HD heads would be compleytly different ( I know,my nitro P/D bike is the second fastest in the country)lets see the #`s when their done
Old 11-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

10-4

BINGO! I'm looking forward to getting them back! I think I'm in good hands!!!!

I just got off the phone with my wrench and asked for the flow numbers to be mailed back with the heads. But after finding all this about him, I could care less!!!

http://www.landracing.com/forum/inde...ic=6069.5;wap2

Calkins:
I'm not sure when the car was called 'Orange Crate' *Dale & Kat Suhr from Waterloo, Iowa own the car and Rogar 'Radar' Lechtenburg from Cedar Falls, Iowa drives it. *Dale was had a 'Hugger Orange' digger almost every year since '69. *Dale owns a machine shop that does alot of work for his old employer, John Deere. *Radar owns a cylinder head shop. *He did all of John Force's heads in the '90's until they started doing them in house. *He designed the Mopar B1 big block heads (in his little shop!) and right now is on contract with S&S to do ALL of the Pro Stock Buell heads in NHRA. *This car was brand spankin new in Febuary 2007 when I joined up with them. *It was built by Frank Parks at Neil & Parks down in Kansas, he also build the fastest FED owned by Jack Harris in California.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/cgib...=25&page=19773

Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 08:18 pm: * * * * *
We have two Buell riders on the pit crew so I guess this is Buell related.*

The Orange Crate Top Fuel Nostalgia dragster recaptured the National ET record this weekend at the Good Guys event in Famosa, CA. We set the record at 5.853 and backed it up with a 5.78. You have have to back up a record run with a run that is within 1%, so while the 5.78 backs up the 5.853 it doesn't go in the books. The car is driven by Roger "Radar" Lechtenberg (damn he's good!) and owned by Dale & Kat Suhr and is out of Waterloo, IA. We had a spectacular oil fire in the final round and lost the meet but still own the record.*
Radar also does the heads for Dave Feazell's ProStock bike. Last year Feazell was the quickest Harley to attempt ProStock.*

Last edited by Softail99fb; 11-07-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.