What to do with stock pipes - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Exhaust Systems

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
MPG'S? Who gives a

Garage
Stockpipessuck.com

So i was going through a Bike mag. and i see this ad, "we buy stock Harley pipes".....mmm i say to myself.....i wonder why they want'em bad enough to form they're buisness around buying peoples stock pipes?? I guess they modify them and re-sell them to the public.

I'm not sure about this Co. yet, but they seem legit and I don't really care what happens to my stock pipes.Might give it a go,might not....just thought i'd share.

Check it out....Stock Pipes Suck

Last edited by Craiger; 03-21-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Craiger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

As long as they are not like the "I buy used cell phones for cash" type program. Heard many people getting ripped off.

They say: "Once we receive your pipes, we will inspect them to ensure that they are in like new condition and that the HD part number matches. If everything is a match we will send you a check for $75! If your pipes do not qualify we will notify you via e-mail."

From another forum: "If, upon inspection of your pipes, we find them to NOT be in .like new. condition, at our sole discretion, we will notify you via e-mail that your pipes do not qualify for our program. If this situation occurs, we will either ship your pipes back to you or we will recycle or discard the pipes. If you choose to have us send your pipes back to you, we require a payment of $25 on a major credit card"

Better off to sell yourself IMO.

2009 FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide - Vivid Black

Stage I w/SE A/C & SEST
V&H Dresser Duals
Screaming Eagle Mufflers
HD Oil Cooler
Flo Oil Filter/Cooler

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, either way you're right!" - HF
tibadoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

You will prolly end up paying to get rid of Emm . And pay to get Emm back . Or just say hell with it and forget about it and take a loss and say keep Emm .
Old 03-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Curmudgeon

I'm keeping mine incase the Gov. starts bust B.... over laud pipes and I need to change back.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
Benjamin Franklin
scol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
"Ain't quite right"™

I keep my stock stuff, in case someone ends up needing them....or if I end up trading my bike in (for a bigger displacement version) I'll put the stock stuff back on...though I've already given away my stock bars, and one of my stock mirrors.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_lacey View Post
Motive.......honest to God, what is wrong with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDixiecratX View Post
Well Motive, stay out of Vegas, cause you aint playin with a full deck.
Motive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

If they're like new, they keep them and resell them.

If they're not like new, they keep them and resell them.

R.I.P. Rubberdown. 1971-2012

Last edited by Dave63; 01-10-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
MPG'S? Who gives a

Garage
That's kinda what i was hoping to get outta this. Lets see if anyone has been ripped off by these guys....the outfit really reminds me of

Cash For Gold......
Old 03-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

Great....I just sent a bunch of gold to Cash-4-Gold......My Mr.-T starter kit was a little outdated.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
MPG'S? Who gives a

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
Great....I just sent a bunch of gold to Cash-4-Gold......My Mr.-T starter kit was a little outdated.
You still got the Mr-T pants ????
Old 03-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

Sha-ya!! I pity the fool that got rid of their Mr. T pants!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.