Screamin eagle pipes - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Exhaust Systems

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Screamin eagle pipes

Hey gang, I would like to hear from those who might be running the street legal screamin eagle pipes. I realize alot of folks like the louder pipes but I am not interested in that. I am wondering what those who have them think about them? Do they keep the low end grunt alive? Did anyone just put those on and not ac or map? Hope to hear your feedback. Thanks
NewHarleyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
MPG'S? Who gives a

Garage
I ran them for a while,.they're ok sounding. No re-mapping needed.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you are talking about the slip-ons I had them installed in my 72, they worked nice, not to loud not to quiet, I didn't remap or nothing like that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Lokko21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
HowardH

I have them on my 08 FXDL. I also added at the same time the HD Stage 1 intake and V&H Fuelpak. There's a little more grunt with this combo. Not as much as I would have expected. The sound is OK. Not very loud but a deeper tone. I wanted a little more noise so I pulled the baffles and opened them up a little. Also adjusted the Fuelpak to recommendations from V&H with the more open baffles. Nicer (louder) sound with a barely noticeable loss of low end torque, but it is noticeable. I'm thinking of either opening the baffle all the way or changing to V&H Hotshots. The longer I have this setup the more I'm used to it and want more sound. I want these rolling four wheel sofas to hear me.
2008 Low FXDL 105th Anniversary #302 of 2000
HD SE Slip-ons, HD Stage 1 Intake, V&H Fuelpack, HD detach windshield, detach bags, lots of chrome add ons
howardh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

How did you take out your baffles? I have set of SE touring one piece on my 07 ultra. A little more rumble than stock. Then I put on some FullSac headers, a little more rumble, order a fuel pak and V and H air cleaner, don't know if this will sound louder or. My bud has V & H on his ultra. Much louder when you turn the throttle. But I can hear the radio at 80 mph and not a ringing in my ears after a long ride. Almost a mellow rumble?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Upchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck View Post
How did you take out your baffles? I have set of SE touring one piece on my 07 ultra. A little more rumble than stock. Then I put on some FullSac headers, a little more rumble, order a fuel pak and V and H air cleaner, don't know if this will sound louder or. My bud has V & H on his ultra. Much louder when you turn the throttle. But I can hear the radio at 80 mph and not a ringing in my ears after a long ride. Almost a mellow rumble?

I have a post running in the exhaust section with the same SE slipons from my 07 SG showing the baffles out and broken. You have to remove the slip on then remove the 3 bolts holding the end cap on. Finally get a long pipe and drive everything out thru the open end. Note: I replaced mine with BIg City Thunder baffles in the exit end of the head pipes and that's it. Sounds awesum not all rattly and not overly loud.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Sweet thanks , I guess I could get some V&H's bit I like tinkering around with stuff first and screw it up, cuz that's how I roll, lol

Upchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mississippi Cajun

Runninng the SE's with Stage 1. Not impressed one way or the other with tem. Wish I could have reused my old Hookers.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

my se-IIs have worked out well for me, of course i have modded them BUT they get me down the road nicely
Old 11-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage
like my 4" SE slip ons. not to loud but loud enough to hear. running a stg2 SE 103 with decatted headers. nice deep rumble to them.
Attached Files
File Type: wmv SG idle7.wmv (3.43 MB, 15 views)