What Slip-ons to go with? - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Exhaust Systems

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010hdultra View Post
For now. Im leaving the cats in. Not looking for more power. Just mainly wanting pipes and intake for sound. Also went and got a xied from nightrider to. Figure ill install everything next week,if its here. And maybe if weather permits i getta take a ride.....
From what I've read the cat really quiets any muffler,I cleaned the cat out of mine with a drill and different bits,after that the stock mufflers were too loud.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2002 View Post
From what I've read the cat really quiets any muffler,I cleaned the cat out of mine with a drill and different bits,after that the stock mufflers were too loud.
I might get a used take off and try this before throwing $ around.
lightguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I found a deal too good to pass up. Decided to go with the Rinehart 4" and arlen ness big sucker, new on ebay for $584 shipped. Will let yah know how they work. Thank you all for your advice and input.

Was this from a store or an individual ?
IE is the deal offered continually or was it a one shot auction ?
lightguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

It was from cycle solutions. I found emm on ebay but ordered direct and got.a better deal.
2010hdultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #25 (permalink)

Well i was lucky enough to get my Rinehart 4" slip-ons and arlen ness big sucker a/c and nightrider fl-xied-10 installed today. Sound vs stock is awesome. Much better then the 3.5" rineharts. I did notice how the xied did eliminate almost all the decel popping, seems like it added a little more torque also. I am very happy with install and the ease of it. Just want some more warm days to ride it.....
Old 12-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

New pipes. Yummy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1354569293942.jpg (20.1 KB, 49 views)
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

Re: What Slip-ons to go with?

Ok so i have the 4"Rineharts and arlen ness big sucker air cleaner and the fl-xieds installed. I am thinking about guting the cat. Will the xieds be plenty to compensate for the lowered back pressure? Or does it need a tuner? I just want the cat got to reduce heat. Not really looking for alot of performance increase.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR View Post
I have Rush 2.0. Sounds great at idle. Is very impressive when I crank it, but is respectable when cruising without over stimulating my ears.

I can tiptoe past a black and white without worry. And the neighbors don't complain (unless I crank it) And they dont really complain anyway.

And I already have tinnitus from aprin/meds problem. So I want to protect my hearing which is still very good. But I want the bike to sound like a Harley is supposed to.

I don't consider the 2.0 a compromise, but more like EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.
I am planning on getting Rush for mine soon. I had Rush 2.25 on my Sporty and it was nice! The people at Rush said that without going to True Duals even the Big Louie 2.5 wont be as loud as my Sporty with 2.25 on it.

I don't want to cause problems with being too loud. Maybe I should look at the 2.0 and see how it goes (I can always change out the baffle if I want louder)!

Joshua
2012 Road King

2012 Road King

Post 500 ALR, Indiana Patriot Riders, Indiana Abate, Indianapolis Motorcyclists Group, H.O.G.
Intergalactic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok so i have the 4"Rineharts and arlen ness big sucker air cleaner and the fl-xieds installed. I am thinking about guting the cat. Will the xieds be plenty to compensate for the lowered back pressure? Or does it need a tuner? I just want the cat got to reduce heat. Not really looking for alot of performance increase.
what did you finally do?
Zooki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooki1 View Post
what did you finally do?
Havent gutted cat yet. Not sure i wanna spend time to? This time of the yr that extra heat comes in handy.