Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum

Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum (http://www.Harley-Davidsonforums.com/forums/)
-   Harley Davidson News (http://www.Harley-Davidsonforums.com/forums/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   Smart bike (http://www.Harley-Davidsonforums.com/forums/harley-davidson-news/43171-smart-bike.html)

Hawg Dawg 04-27-2012 10:16 AM

Smart bike

Tarbaby 04-29-2012 01:52 PM

I am planning a trip there in July. I have looked at Google Earth, MSN Map Pages til I am blue in the face. My trip is centered around going to the New River Gorge Bridge, but after that I am not sure which way I will go. Any suggestions? Right now my plan is to ride north from near Chattanooga to Pikeville Ky and then turn East toward Pineville WV. And then make a big loop around the state. Like I said, Any suggestions would be helpful. Tarbaby

4evrhd 05-04-2012 04:08 PM

I spent 4 years living in WV (near Clarksburg). Definately made me a better rider. One thing I learned was that if you actually have a specific desination in mind and a schedule to keep, stick to the highways. The two lane blacktops offer some fine riding, but can double the time it takes to get from point A to B. And always expect cages to hug the inside of the curves even if it puts them square in your lane.

countryboy_1962 05-10-2012 12:15 PM

I live in sevierville tn and ride through west virginia alot very pretty place to ride

timmy5562 06-05-2012 05:17 PM

Ain't many places in WV that's not a nice ride!

Panhead1959 06-09-2012 08:21 AM

Wow

IF WE HAD TO LQQK AND DRESS:eek:nod LIKE THIS NOBODY WOULD EVER RIDE:loco:whoa:laugh

mrvolvo 06-12-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panhead1959 (Post 577112)
IF WE HAD TO LQQK AND DRESS:eek:nod LIKE THIS NOBODY WOULD EVER RIDE:loco:whoa:laugh

Lol that's what I was thinking... To each his own, and no offense meant, I swear. But damn! Who is this guy, and jeebus, if Evel woulda suited up like that, hell, he'd probably be jumping this weekend! But seriously, I mean no harm, and I wear a full face on my Sporty, unlike my brothers who wear half helmets, and some of them make fun of me too. But when I saw this pic, I thought to myself, now that dude is seriously ready to get off his bike anytime, anytime. He's a well dressed rider.

pa bob rider 06-24-2012 12:54 AM

True!!!...

I try to ride the roads in this part of WV at least twice a year. Be sure to check out Spruce Knob and the Sinks of Gandy. Both places are worth the ride. Autumn and Summer are the best times of year to see this area.

Tarbaby 07-06-2012 06:51 PM

Well, the countdown is on!!! Seven days and I pull out for West Virginia!! Plans are still up in the air, however, I believe we will leave Cleveland TN and head northeast thur Morristown and then on to Bramwell WV. From there, who knows!!!! Like I have said before, any suggestions would be helpful!

lagrato53 07-19-2012 04:07 PM

Kentucky

kENTUCKY HAS THE SAME SORT OF BEAUTY, A RIDERS PARIDISE BUT ALAS AS YOU VENTURE INTO THE SOUTHEASTERN PART OF THE STATE THE COPS ARE SO BAD YA CANT EVEN STOP TO TAKE PICTURES WITHOUT HASSLEMENT. IM A NATIVE HERE AND WE ARE TRYING OUT BEST TO CHANGE THE MINDS OF THE IGNORANT FEW BUT TO CRITIZE THEM YOU RISK IMPRISONMENT OR WORSE.

HOME BEFORE DARK IN HAZARD.