2014 Indian - Page 12 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrgiacona View Post
He's a troll HDSickness. He has a total of 3 posts and they have all been in this thread. And, according to his profile you are right. No Harley.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Well, I came to the site to see what folks were saying about the new Indian. You have to start at the bottom of page two to find the first positive remark about the Indian, the about one positive comment every page thereafter.

I'm just accustomed to posting on motorcycle forums where the folks are a little more open minded about motorcycle history. Harley has a history of price gouging customers and dealers. Look at the boutiques H-D's are sold in. They're mega million dollar investments that H-D dictates to the owners how they must be run and forcing them to stock bikes that they may have a hard time moving. Appealing to the RUB's is what dictated this. It's rare that the bikes are sold by real mechanics and racers. And guess what, that's why your 2011 SuperGlide FXDC and 2010 Ultra Limited FLHTK cost like $15K and $28K. Forty years ago, there was about a $100 difference between a Sportster and a top-o'-the line model!!! That gap has widened significantly and what justifies it?!?!?

Just so you know, Indian is apparently taking the same route. I heard that an Indian dealership would set you back about $3,000,000!!!

And, you can feel free to poke fun at my ride(s). A Dnepr is kinda like a Ural without as much quality control...
gspell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspell68 View Post
Well, I came to the site to see what folks were saying about the new Indian. You have to start at the bottom of page two to find the first positive remark about the Indian, the about one positive comment every page thereafter.

I'm just accustomed to posting on motorcycle forums where the folks are a little more open minded about motorcycle history. Harley has a history of price gouging customers and dealers. Look at the boutiques H-D's are sold in. They're mega million dollar investments that H-D dictates to the owners how they must be run and forcing them to stock bikes that they may have a hard time moving. Appealing to the RUB's is what dictated this. It's rare that the bikes are sold by real mechanics and racers. And guess what, that's why your 2011 SuperGlide FXDC and 2010 Ultra Limited FLHTK cost like $15K and $28K. Forty years ago, there was about a $100 difference between a Sportster and a top-o'-the line model!!! That gap has widened significantly and what justifies it?!?!?

Just so you know, Indian is apparently taking the same route. I heard that an Indian dealership would set you back about $3,000,000!!!

And, you can feel free to poke fun at my ride(s). A Dnepr is kinda like a Ural without as much quality control...
Do you have a sidecar on you Dnepr? I've never heard of them before. But I know Ural and wouldn't mind having one if one came in my path at the right time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Robertb6112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #113 (permalink)
On Probation

Quote:

You obviously came here to bash HD and spew BS when you spoke untruths of HD being tossed around like a cheap whore.
Harley is doing something right when they sell more bikes than everybody else.
These bikes are worth every cent.
People plan rides with going to dealers as a destination because it is a cool place to go and see and hang, you can't say that about any other brand. Why do you think Indian wants to copy this?
SE Ventilator
SE Super Tuner
Jackpot Stainless Header
Rinehart 4" Muffs

I'll try to be nicer........if you try to be smarter.
HDSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
You have to start at the bottom of page two to find the first positive remark about the Indian...
Bullshit, first page 3rd post...

Quote:
I love the new Indian.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm just accustomed to posting on motorcycle forums where the folks are a little more open minded about motorcycle history.
5 posts?

Ummm... well, I've not been here long enough to comment.
Bill D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #116 (permalink)
2014 FLHXS

Garage
Your cluelessness simply overwhelms me. First my 2011 SuperGlide Custom didn't cost anywhere near $15K. And your clearly don't even know enough about the bikes to see all the differences between a SuperGlide and an Ultra. Were I to even try to add all the parts that aren't on my bike and are on an Ultra Limited I've have well over $30K in the bike and I still wouldn't have the larger touring frame.

Please go back under your bridge troll.

Quote:

Wrgiacona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #117 (permalink)

Good to see some competition , I think it sparked the moco for there 2014 changes to some models. Some one had commented about the toilet flushers on the bags , I think it's an awesome update , vary smooth and positive operation.

Being from Iowa , I have an appreciation for the new Indian and also Victory , just don't care for the fender styling of either , I wish them good luck , hey maybe on day one of them will produce a bike I love.
67Duce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:

I don't know we're to start. You have no clue what you are talking about. Been on the Victory form? Talk about hate, don't mention Harley. Been to a Victory dealer? Most look like you are in a Tractor Supply Store. Only difference, Tractor Supply has a better stock of items. Honda form aren't to kind to Harley either. As far as Ducati, Harley doesn't exist. My first bike, a 1966 Honda was $695. The bike now is now $4000. For a smaller model, (250cc) to $5500. For a larger one (600cc) mine was a 305cc. Prices do go up. Check on what the original Goldwing cost and what they go for today. Same for BMW. Prices do go up. Are you working for the same wages you were in 74.
Don't want a Harley, decide want you want and join that form.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb6112 View Post
Do you have a sidecar on you Dnepr? I've never heard of them before. But I know Ural and wouldn't mind having one if one came in my path at the right time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yep. Almost all Dneprs come with sidecars. They are actually better designed than Urals, just the execution sometimes lacked a bit! They stopped making them about 10 years ago, but there's literally millions of them out there. Most have an auto-declutching gearbox and many have full-time 2WD. Dnepr also made the USSR's military rigs on a separate line with better quality.
If you really dig an old school looking version w/sidecar, there's also a Chinese Chang-Jiang CJ-750 which is almost a direct copy of a 1938 BMW R-71. They were made up until 10-15 years ago.
gspell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSickness View Post
This is B*llsh*t...get your facts straight!
1903-1965 privately owned
1965 public stock offering
1969 purchased/merged with AMF Corp.
1981 Harley was purchased by company executives
1986 public stock offered again.
Passed around like a cheap hooker?
You probably don't even own a Harley.
And they seem to forget that a member/members of the Davidson family has always held an important position in the company, no matter who owned or bought it. Willie G. was instrumental in getting the company back from AMF.
Tiwodogi is offline   Reply With Quote