what did you do on or to your bike today? - Page 337 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #3361 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Garage
Dropped her off to get torn down while I head to NY for the week. Heads getting re-worked to Stage III, then replace cam chain with gear drive and lifter replacement. Sadness...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
The object in life is not to arrive in a pristine well taken care of body; rather it is to slide in sideways, body thoroughly used up, a drink in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming "That was one HELL of a ride!!!"
Tom31w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #3362 (permalink)

Garage
Ride

Took a " look I am still kicking" ride to family and friends .
In and out 20 Min Max. Per stop.
Gotta leave them wanting more !
Topped off tank and added fuel stabilizer at the station.
Hate to admit it but time to find the Battery tenders, for the grass growing season equipment and toys.
Love the 4 seasons - But some could be a little shorter, now that I am a little longer in the tooth.
65 Miles +- in the middle 50,s
Beautiful Pocono Mt. scenery
Nice way to end the day..
GG686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #3363 (permalink)
DIRTBOY

a little late but i set up, and finally got to do a safety (poker run) ride for Friday.

9 different businesses let us set up and 13 donated prizes. from t-shirts, 5 oil changes to full service coupons. Counts Kustoms gave a signed T-shirt. not a bad way to spend a workday!!

the weather here has turned fast. 41 this morning.. full face time till spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
Please understand that I know nothing of the parts that SCHMIDTYS is referring to. I'm guessing on logic and NOT wrenchability.
mixedbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #3364 (permalink)
I'll help you hide the body

FUGGIN FINALLY!

I got the Ultra Glide 99% buttoned up. Let me tell you it was a great feeling hear her fire off first shot!
For those that don't know, it got a full updated cam chest & new lifters(thanks Dave63), new oil pump(shiz they are expensive), beasly oil spring, adjustable pushrods, and a basic fluid change and tune up.

Big shout out to Dave63 for parts and support. He was always just a phone call away. Thanks Dave!

Guys, Link feels good today.

borrowed from gtrman66
Rules:
#1. Post #1: "New to Community"
#2. Buy a HD Service Manual, best $70 you'll spend
#3. Try the search function, we might have already answered your question
#4. Don't post classifieds until you meet the rules
#5. Don't bad mouth dealers until we know you, there are always 2 sides
misinlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #3365 (permalink)
Imperial Wizard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misinlink View Post
FUGGIN FINALLY!

I got the Ultra Glide 99% buttoned up. Let me tell you it was a great feeling hear her fire off first shot!
For those that don't know, it got a full updated cam chest & new lifters(thanks Dave63), new oil pump(shiz they are expensive), beasly oil spring, adjustable pushrods, and a basic fluid change and tune up.

Big shout out to Dave63 for parts and support. He was always just a phone call away. Thanks Dave!

Guys, Link feels good today.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #3366 (permalink)

I decided to splurge and buy the HD (Gerbing) jacket liner today from the dealer. So I'm about to install the plug onto the battery so I can try it out going to work in the cold tomorrow. So I didn't get to ride today but tomorrow's ride should be toaster.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #3367 (permalink)

Ordered chrome wheels, front legs, and rotors for the Streetglide!
2006 Cobalt Blue Street Glide
1998 Tangerine and birch Heritage Softail
and more Hondas than I can remember. 2
emmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #3368 (permalink)

Garage
Well got off work and needed to pick up some parts from the local dealer so thought 57F, might as well go for a ride. Tooled over there grabbed my parts and figgered WTF, I'm near a buddy I'll go see if he wants to ride with me.

As I pull down his street notice a Sheriff, a Highway patrol car sitting in front of his house. As I get closer I also see there is a Dept of Conservation truck in his drive.

Seems as he was coming home from work he hit a 13 point on his 900 Vulcan. Didn't hurt the bike and didn't hurt him however, he's the type that would eat venison 356 days of the year if he could. So he pulls out his knife and goes over to the deer which is still laying in the ditch.

Deer gets up he jumps on it's back, grabs it's antlers with one hand, pulls it's head back and cuts it's throat in this old lady's front yard. While this is going on the woman runs out and screams for him to "leave that deer alone or I'm calling the cops". He says "go ahead" and she does.

He calls his wife, she brings the truck and they haul the deer off.

He called it in when he got home and I got there evidently right after everyone else and they were still in the process of trying to figure out if the deer had actually been injured or if my buddy was simply a Psychopath.

I'm sure it didn't help when I told the Game warden and the cops that I'd known him for 40 plus years and he was no crazier now than he ever was.

Anyway he kept the deer and after giving him a permit for it, they went their merry way.

Only about 42 miles total for the ride but it was to say the least an interesting one.
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #3369 (permalink)
Addicted Since 2010

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by secoleman57 View Post
Well got off work and needed to pick up some parts from the local dealer so thought 57F, might as well go for a ride. Tooled over there grabbed my parts and figgered WTF, I'm near a buddy I'll go see if he wants to ride with me.

As I pull down his street notice a Sheriff, a Highway patrol car sitting in front of his house. As I get closer I also see there is a Dept of Conservation truck in his drive.

Seems as he was coming home from work he hit a 13 point on his 900 Vulcan. Didn't hurt the bike and didn't hurt him however, he's the type that would eat venison 356 days of the year if he could. So he pulls out his knife and goes over to the deer which is still laying in the ditch.

Deer gets up he jumps on it's back, grabs it's antlers with one hand, pulls it's head back and cuts it's throat in this old lady's front yard. While this is going on the woman runs out and screams for him to "leave that deer alone or I'm calling the cops". He says "go ahead" and she does.

He calls his wife, she brings the truck and they haul the deer off.

He called it in when he got home and I got there evidently right after everyone else and they were still in the process of trying to figure out if the deer had actually been injured or if my buddy was simply a Psychopath.

I'm sure it didn't help when I told the Game warden and the cops that I'd known him for 40 plus years and he was no crazier now than he ever was.

Anyway he kept the deer and after giving him a permit for it, they went their merry way.

Only about 42 miles total for the ride but it was to say the least an interesting one.
That's awesome!!!!

I can't say I wouldn't try to knife it, but that is so illegal in NY....I can't even begin...

"Mr. Lahey is this you talking or the liquor?"

"Randy...(takes a swig)...I am the Liquor!!!"
XL1200R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #3370 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL1200R View Post
That's awesome!!!!

I can't say I wouldn't try to knife it, but that is so illegal in NY....I can't even begin...
Well that was part of the problem, he HAS a permit as it's deer season here now. But a knife is not one of the approved methods to hunt them with so if the deer hadn't been injured he could have gotten in quite a bit of trouble.

It's ribs had been shattered and the GW determined it was a mortal wound, even though it probably would have simply laid down and starved to death.

The cops had to respond to the call that lady made and they normally will simply send you a permit in the mail around here for a kill involving an vehicle. I think the GW just wanted to see someone who was dumb enough to go after a deer with a knife, or he didn't believe what he was hearing.

I've actually known 3 cases (counting this one) where someone went after a deer with a knife and my buddy was involved in two but the last one was 20 plus years ago. One was actually an Elk in Colorado.

He's getting too old for that kind of crap
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote